Hello.
    Is there a way the Storm can auto-know it's plugged into a power source and keep the backlight on? I've installed Garmin GPS on my Storm and when I'm in the car I have it plugged into the lighter socket. I'd really like the backlight to stay on (since I'm using the GPS). Is this possible?! Or, do I have to manually tell the backlight to not turn off?
    Thanks,
    k.
    05-13-09 03:27 PM
    Do a search on a free product called BBLight. You can configure it to keep the backlight on depending on various options.
    05-13-09 04:02 PM
    Thanks! I'll check it right now!
    k.
    05-13-09 04:21 PM
    Try opening your Garmin app and hit the Menu button then options and see if there is a setting for the back light. I have VZ Navigator and the back light stay on without making a setting. BB maps there is a setting under the options menu when the app is open. Hope this helps.

I am now an Abuser...Ha!
    05-13-09 04:33 PM
    BBLight works well for me. Also lights up when you get SMS/MMS and email.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-09 05:04 PM
    Go into the clock and turn on bedside mode... You can also set the option to Dim the backlight or not...
    05-13-09 05:10 PM
    I have been using the Garmin program for quite some time now and have not experienced your problem. The program does have a 'night mode' feature which inverts the colors which can be turned off in the options menu. Make sure you have all application permissions set to allow since one of them may control the programs ability to keep the backlight on. If that does not work I would suggest contacting Garmin directly since that is irregular program behavior.
    05-13-09 08:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD