Hello Everyone,

I have a BlackBerry Storm 9530 by Verizon Wireless with OS v5.0.0.328 installed in it. Now, I have shifted to London and wants to install the OS of Vodafone here. I have tried everything which has been said in this following websites:

How to Install Beta/Other Carrier OS on Your Blackberry | eHow.com

How to Install an Unsupported Blackberry OS

How to Install Blackberry OS update [Either it's official or non-official OS update version] | Best Blackberry

I did as said by the above website but every time i get a message that "No Software Update found for your device". I have also wiped my BB with JL_Cmder v1.9 but no avail. I have BlackBerry Desktop Software 6 with Windows 7 installed on my PC. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!
    Last edited by adnan.jsr; 05-26-11 at 01:41 PM.
    05-26-11 08:00 AM
    PLEASE anyone out there help me!!!! vry urgent...
    05-26-11 01:51 PM
    Hello Everyone,

I have a BlackBerry Storm 9530 by Verizon Wireless with OS v5.0.0.328 installed in it. Now, I have shifted to London and wants to install the OS of Vodafone here. I have tried everything which has been said in this following websites:

How to Install Beta/Other Carrier OS on Your Blackberry | eHow.com

How to Install an Unsupported Blackberry OS

How to Install Blackberry OS update [Either it's official or non-official OS update version] | Best Blackberry

I did as said by the above website but every time i get a message that "No Software Update found for your device". I have also wiped my BB with JL_Cmder v1.9 but no avail. I have BlackBerry Desktop Software 6 with Windows 7 installed on my PC. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!

You can not upgrade to the vodafone version because of the different chipset in the phones (verizon is set up for cdma) that said you can still update the phone to a higher version and it will work fine in the uk because it us a world phone. You can find in this section many threads on that latest os's available for the 9530. there are also detailed instruction here on how to upgrade to these os's. What you will want to do prior to going to the uk is call Verizon and have them unlock your phone(the sim specifically) so once you are in the uk you can swap out to a different sim card i.e. vodafone and have your billing go via the sim card. once you get everything upgraded unlocked and a new sim set up call verizon and cancel your service.
    05-30-11 11:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD