I just downloaded OTA the trial version of PI and when I click on the link It goes to a page that says: Index of /PIBB. If you scroll down the list it shows a number of file links to select. I selected: Pocketinformant_Blackberry_Storm_Setup.exe. Then I get a message that reads This item you selected cannot be displayed. Do you wish to save item. I then selected yes and it wants me to save it on Media Card but when I do that and try to open I get a message that says: Unsupported media type application/octet-stream. What do I do to make this work?
    03-28-09 01:21 PM
    I just downloaded OTA the trial version of PI and when I click on the link It goes to a page that says: Index of /PIBB. If you scroll down the list it shows a number of file links to select. I selected: Pocketinformant_Blackberry_Storm_Setup.exe. Then I get a message that reads This item you selected cannot be displayed. Do you wish to save item. I then selected yes and it wants me to save it on Media Card but when I do that and try to open I get a message that says: Unsupported media type application/octet-stream. What do I do to make this work?
    I have PI and it is terrific. Do not click on exe file, click on BBOS 4.7 and that will take you to another page.
    Then click on pocketinformant icon pack jad and download.
    After that is complete click on pocketinformant.jad and download, this is actually the program itself. When it's finished downloading it will ask you to reboot and then you are good to go.
    As I said, I love it and sync it everyday with outlook
    Let me know if this helps
    03-28-09 01:29 PM
    That worked! Thanks
    03-28-09 01:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD