Hi guys,

What are the best options for accuracy and speed texting for the 9550?

Like what numbers do I put in ex. (1,100,1)

thanks
    04-20-10 08:27 PM
    practice ................
    04-20-10 08:31 PM
    practice ................

yes, keep practicing
    04-20-10 08:34 PM
    ........and then search this topic and find every answer under the sun.
    04-20-10 08:36 PM
    ........and then search this topic and find every answer under the sun.

....that seems to take more than practice
    04-20-10 08:38 PM
    Learn to not lift your finger when texting. If your finger never leaves the screen you can type faster then you can on a keyboard blackberry.

Just slide, roll, and swipe it on the glass, never lift.

You can also leave both thumbs on the glass at the same time and works the same way. just leave both fingers on the phone and roll them over to the next key, press in to select.
    04-20-10 09:05 PM
    im just asking for the numbers here to put into the settings menu

i didnt really need the smart comments
    thanks
    04-20-10 09:17 PM

thanks
    guess u aren't used to posting on forums, then!

doesn't matter what numbers u put in the options. do like I said earlier, and PRACTICE.
    04-20-10 09:24 PM
    alright, thank you
    04-20-10 09:30 PM
    Practice with the pop up keys

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-10 09:35 PM
    100, 100, 1
    04-20-10 09:40 PM
    Learn to not lift your finger when texting. If your finger never leaves the screen you can type faster then you can on a keyboard blackberry.

Just slide, roll, and swipe it on the glass, never lift.

You can also leave both thumbs on the glass at the same time and works the same way. just leave both fingers on the phone and roll them over to the next key, press in to select.

I have been so used to lifting...THis really works! Thanks!
    04-20-10 09:41 PM

doesn't matter what numbers u put in the options. do like I said earlier, and PRACTICE.
    100 is the fastest.

Tap = zoom
    Hover=finding the sender names/tracks artist name

04-20-10 09:58 PM

Actually, I think he's just used to forums where people actually want to help, not make sarcastic comments that they think are funny in order to up their post count and therefore their ego. How does that work?

Anyway, OP, I am very comfortable while typing and these are the settings I use:
    Key Rate fast
    Tap Interval 400
    Swipe Sensitivity 6
    Hope I helped.
    04-20-10 10:06 PM
    Actually, I think he's just used to forums where people actually want to help, not make sarcastic comments that they think are funny in order to up their post count and therefore their ego. How does that work?

Anyway, OP, I am very comfortable while typing and these are the settings I use:
    Key Rate fast
    Tap Interval 400
    Swipe Sensitivity 6
    Hope I helped.
    well, post counts mean nothing to me, so you missed the mark with your sarcastic comment. But thanks for sharing your rude comments, nonetheless.
    04-20-10 10:11 PM

Key Rate fast
    Tap Interval 400
    Swipe Sensitivity 6
    Hope I helped.
    My settings are also the same and they work just fine.

04-20-10 10:11 PM
    One thing I read and it works for me is to type the keys on the right with the right hand and the keys on the left with the left hand. When you cross them mistakes are more common. Helped me type faster.
    04-20-10 10:12 PM

thanks
    Actually, I wasn't trying to be sarcastic. I myself have seen several threads and partaken in at least one, where if searched, would reveal everything the OP is asking and more. Dozens of people explaining why they set the numbers the way they do. Best for editing text, typing, etc.

Not being sarcastic, but I'm not going to do the searching for someone else either.
    04-20-10 10:38 PM
    Hi guys,

What are the best options for accuracy and speed texting for the 9550?

Like what numbers do I put in ex. (1,100,1)

thanks
    I use the following and I text pretty @**#& fast

Tap interval 450
    Hover 200
    Swipe 6
    Key rate fast

Seems to work for me good luck
    04-20-10 10:44 PM
    Actually, I wasn't trying to be sarcastic. I myself have seen several threads and partaken in at least one, where if searched, would reveal everything the OP is asking and more. Dozens of people explaining why they set the numbers the way they do. Best for editing text, typing, etc.

Not being sarcastic, but I'm not going to do the searching for someone else either.
    Would you mind copying and pasting it for us?
    04-20-10 10:52 PM
    I don't even really know what these options do anyone care to elaborate on them?
    04-21-10 01:20 AM
    I don't know either. I just changed my settings from one extreme to the other and it seems the lower numbers worked best for me. Probably just a placebo affect...
    Last edited by Gebo; 04-21-10 at 09:27 AM.
    04-21-10 08:26 AM
    They are correct above. The swipe sensitivity one is important for copy and paste selection.

04-21-10 08:34 AM
    I don't even really know what these options do anyone care to elaborate on them?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/be...screen-364082/

A few posts down explains.

Mine are set at-
    Tap I-500
    Hover P-1000
    Swipe Sen-6

I settled on these after a ton of research and Trial and Error. These give me the best copy and paste while still offering good typing. While the Swipe Sens. is the one that directly affects Copy and Paste, setting it too low has just as much of an adverse affect as too high. First and foremost, I would start at the top and try to cut and paste something lowering the Swipe Sens.r by one each time until you get that right. Leave that alone and start messing with the others. They do make a difference, but it takes some real time to notice.
    Last edited by jiggyb; 04-21-10 at 09:02 AM.
    04-21-10 08:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD