Do I need to wait for the VZ download before I can get the update onto my computer and run Shrink-A-OS to eliminate stuff I don't need? So far the only way (other than OTA) that I see to get the update is to click the Update button at the BB page:

BlackBerry - Update your Device Software

Is there a way to get the upgrade downloaded (e.g. to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\) and abort the update so I can run the Shrink-A-OS tool?

-Greg

PS - Yes, I know I can use the leaked version but I waited this long so I want to use the official release. I'll wait for the VZ site to get it if I have to.
    05-31-09 09:31 PM
    Do I need to wait for the VZ download before I can get the update onto my computer and run Shrink-A-OS to eliminate stuff I don't need? So far the only way (other than OTA) that I see to get the update is to click the Update button at the BB page:

BlackBerry - Update your Device Software

Is there a way to get the upgrade downloaded (e.g. to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\) and abort the update so I can run the Shrink-A-OS tool?

-Greg

PS - Yes, I know I can use the leaked version but I waited this long so I want to use the official release. I'll wait for the VZ site to get it if I have to.
    Have fun with your wait then....i dont get why you want to though. Its not like its any different at all
    05-31-09 09:35 PM
    So there is no way right now? I guess the platform number thing scares me. I don't want anyone to be able to look at my BB and know it is not the official VZ software (it is a company phone).
    05-31-09 09:57 PM
    they cant, the platform number is the same, there is no difference at all

(i have no hair left at this point in case anyone cares)
    05-31-09 10:04 PM
    they cant, the platform number is the same, there is no difference at all

(i have no hair left at this point in case anyone cares)
    I care. You're not eating it, too, are you? That can cause you serious stomach issues. Big hairballs. And surgery.
    05-31-09 10:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD