So we all know our storms are awesome.

So anyways, I was at best buy with my bro and he wanted to get a mouse. I proceeded to flip out the storm to search on newegg their prices, when this woman walks up to me. She says, "hey is that the new blackberry!!!???" and ofcourse I say yes, then she said " it looks really cool, I never tried to use it before, can I see it?" now remember this person is a complete stranger so im basically thinking to myself, "f*** no you cant touch it cause your probably try and steal it." but I basically told her I was using it and I think she got the picture of "no you cant have my phone you random stranger"

it was pretty funny though how they expected me to hand it over for them to see it.

before anyone asks, she wasnt skinny or fast, bulky tbh so I honestly didnt think she would run very far with it.

so how about your stories with random people
    01-09-09 10:17 PM
    I tell them no because i don't want it to break in their hands and hold them liable, Or have them witness some fatal error it tries to pull on me, or lag.. hmmm.. I guess i am ashamed. I will show it off to anybody when it's off, however..
    01-09-09 10:19 PM
    even some random guy who walks up to you. I wouldnt feel safe handing my phone to someone I never met. for all I know, they could kick me in the balls (ouch) and run away
    01-09-09 10:24 PM
    lmao, C^NT PUNT and steal your phone... runs away.. lmao
    01-09-09 10:26 PM
    I've actually had a number of people mistake my Storm for an iPhone. I suppose that's not all that uncommon, but for some reason some of them refused to believe it was a Blackberry, and insisted it must be "the new model" iPhone. Haha!

I'll admit sometimes I wonder if I should've switched to Rogers and gotten an iPhone, but I can't imagine leaving Telus, and I've loved my Blackberry experience so far, even with its bumps. Had the 8830 before, almost got a Curve... I'll weather the Storm. :P

Man though, what a range of phones over the past 3 years... LG 5450, Moto-RAZR, Palm Treo 700wx, HTC P4000, then the 8830 and now, the Storm, plus my KRZR secondary. Anybody else ever question their sanity after owning so many phones in so little time?
    01-09-09 11:10 PM
    I've had a few come up to me and ask questions about my Storm, but none have ever asked to see it. I need a sticker on my Storm similar to the one I had on my Gixxer that read: "Don't ask to ride my bike, and I won't ask to ride your *****". The guy who bought it from me was gonna leave it on!
    01-10-09 03:06 AM
    I let people see my phone all the time. Some people are too paranoid for their own good. I promise, not everyone is out to rob you.
    01-10-09 07:51 AM
    Most peeps say something like "I hear they are having allot of problems." Then I reluctantly agree and say "Unless your a power user I would wait about 6 months on the storm before getting one." Everyone is impressed by the screen though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-09 08:14 AM
    Usually a dove falls from the sky telling the person not to fear. Then they usually start speaking in tongues, and other phones within a five foot radius explode. Always there is jealousy.

01-10-09 09:08 AM
    I don't even let my FRIENDS touch my Curve most of the time. I couldn't imagine how anal I would be if I got a storm.
    01-10-09 09:23 AM
    I get people wanting to look at it, I just usually show off the video a bit, the touchscreen, and maybe load up BB Maps/Google Maps

Lately I've been showing off the little damn blue ball on that accelerometer tester app
    01-10-09 09:28 AM
    I try not to pull mine out in front of people at work. Not so much that I am paranoid, but I don't want anyone touching my phone. An@l, I know lol
    01-10-09 12:34 PM
    I let people see my phone all the time. Some people are too paranoid for their own good. I promise, not everyone is out to rob you.
    I don't. If it is going to be dropped and damaged...it is going to be by ME.
    01-10-09 12:41 PM
    I don't let people hold my phone because it has my personal information on it that's no one else's business. I don't need people snooping through my messages and stuff. If people want to see it I'll load up something and tell them they can "see with their eyes, not with their hands."
    01-10-09 01:45 PM
    I should have gone into Psych...
    01-10-09 02:47 PM
    I stopped whipping it out in public as too many people asked to subsequently play with it
    Umm I'm talking about my phone just to be clear

01-10-09 03:11 PM
    the only people who have really asked me about my storm are other storm owners that ive run into... and they usually ask about how i like it and proceed to tell me their problems.. so its more of me helping them troubleshoot their phone (teaching them how to clear the event log, doing memory cleaning, telling them i personally do a battery pull every morning, etc) then of course i tell them if they want to know anything about the phone to visit crackberry.com and they go "oh im going to check that out!"
    so i apologize if some of the new users are due to me
    Last edited by passtheflask; 01-10-09 at 03:53 PM.
    01-10-09 03:48 PM
    I've had people at school ask to try it. I met some fellow blackberry users that way so I figured they can be trusted to an extent hahaha. I always hide the text message, email, and media icons, cause I HATE !!!!!! when people look through my stuff. It's akin to looking through a womans purse, you just don't do it.
    01-11-09 09:54 AM
    I don't. If it is going to be dropped and damaged...it is going to be by ME.
    Good for you? I have a protector on mine so I'm not worried about it.
    01-11-09 10:32 AM
    I haven't had anybody say anything to me. Maybe because my Storm has a red hard cover on it.

01-11-09 10:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD