Not as good as the SonyE 800i 3.2 mpixel camera by a mile.
    12-16-08 02:46 PM
    I suspect part of the problem might be a lack of in-house expertise with digital photography at RIM; the main camera vendors put a lot of development effort into the firmware that massages images as they're taken. The colors, for example, aren't quite right. And they clearly are behind the curve on performance; I do hope they have something faster in the works. (Otherwise, the camera's almost just a 3.2MP toy, which is a pity for a box as capable as the Storm.)

Be warned, by the way: the "click" sound does not correspond with when the picture is taken! On mine, at least, the click is at least a second late. (At least this means the camera delay is slightly less terrible than it seems.)

By the way, is there any way to turn the flash on or off at picture time, other than to walk through menus to permanently change the default setting? If not, that's really bad interface design; I'd like to just click the flash icon to pull up a list of choices! (Same with the other camera settings, actually.)
    01-03-09 01:58 PM
    quality of pictures=very good
    quality of camera opperation=very bad
    01-03-09 02:28 PM
    i took this pic of my dog on my storm

That's awesome!
    01-03-09 02:51 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD