I purchased my Storm mid-December and while it's not really giving me any problems that are out of the ordinary, I do think that I'm noticing some dust under the screen and (this is my biggest issue) my fixed buttons are uneven, like they were assembled by a child.

My Storm is 100% stock aside from some applications I've thrown on, and my portrait screen sometimes doesn't update. Meaning, my landscape WeatherBug icon will show moons and clouds along with the temperature but when flipped to portrait it'll still show a sun even though the weather is correct... Also sometimes I'll get a message indicator stock on the portrait screen even though I have no new messages.

Because of the last issue, I'm pulling my battery once a day, sometimes more... I'd like to get a newer Storm and hope that it's a little bit better than my current one, but I don't know how to go about it...
    01-12-09 12:23 PM
    walk into the verizon store and show them the dust. They replaced 2 phones with dust for me with no problems at all.

Software problems are harder to get a replacement for, becuase they will spend time troubleshooting your programs, and will probably blame everything on weatherbug, which is a 3rd party program.
    01-12-09 12:25 PM
    So wiping all of my apps that didn't come on the phone beforehand is a good idea?
    01-12-09 12:28 PM
    I did a full wipe before goign to the store anyway, becuase when they replace it, they send it in without wiping all of your personal stuff from it. And i really wouldnt want random people at verizon reading my emails.

so go to options-> security options -> general settings, hit blackberry key and select "wipe handheld". This brings it back to how it came from the factory.
    01-12-09 12:31 PM
    Yea I also have buttons that look like they were assembled by a 5 year old. Called up CS last week, have a new storm on its way here, should be here later today.
    01-12-09 12:35 PM
    I'd like to get a newer Storm and hope that it's a little bit better than my current one, but I don't know how to go about it...
    Do you mean besides calling Verizon or visiting a Verizon store? Those options seem so obvious you must be asking about other options.
    01-12-09 12:36 PM
    just go to the store and show them or call tech support and they would prob do it but I mean be careful bc if you were lucky to hget a good phone from the beginning make sure its worth exchanging bc your replacement might not be as good it may be a lot worse so think about it but if there is really dust no choice just do it lol good luck
    01-12-09 12:40 PM
    Do you mean besides calling Verizon or visiting a Verizon store? Those options seem so obvious you must be asking about other options.
    It's vague, I know. I am asking a pretty simple question as far as what issues should I bring up to get them to replace it. I didn't want to walk in uniformed and get shut down by some preachy Verizon salesman.
    01-12-09 12:44 PM
    just go to the store and show them or call tech support and they would prob do it but I mean be careful bc if you were lucky to hget a good phone from the beginning make sure its worth exchanging bc your replacement might not be as good it may be a lot worse so think about it but if there is really dust no choice just do it lol good luck
    I have the mindset that a "new" Storm will be a "better" Storm, but I subconsciously understand that it's a gamble.
    01-12-09 12:48 PM
    Here's what I did:

1. Called and stated screen is difficult to click.
    2. Waited 24 hours and received shipment of new phone.
    3. Realized replacement was worse than my original.
    4. Mailed out replacement 20 minutes after receiving it.
    5. Still waiting on the $200 they temporarily billed me.

Moral: If it's not perfect, then by all means, explore ways to improve it. If it's not perfect but you can somehow live with it, then perhaps that's wiser than fighting tooth and nail with Verizon to get them to return your $200.
    01-12-09 01:06 PM
    Interesting point... Thanks.
    01-12-09 01:48 PM
    "Realized replacement was worse than my original"

Please Explain? What did you notice?
    01-12-09 02:31 PM
    You mean uninformed, not uniformed, right? Verizon techs won't have any issues with a man (or woman) in uniform. (take my word).
    01-12-09 02:37 PM
    "Realized replacement was worse than my original"

Please Explain? What did you notice?
    I'll let the images speak for me. This horribly disfigured Storm was my replacement

01-12-09 02:37 PM
    You mean uninformed, not uniformed, right? Verizon techs won't have any issues with a man (or woman) in uniform. (take my word).
    Yeah, I mean uninformed... I'm at work and I was trying to balance internet and what I've got going on in my office, that's what I get.
    01-12-09 03:12 PM
    The defects you point out in the picture are actually just the protective covering used in shipping. Those are peeled right off, including two on the screen.
    01-12-09 05:59 PM
    The defects you point out in the picture are actually just the protective covering used in shipping. Those are peeled right off, including two on the screen.
    No, it looks like the upper left hand corner of the screen is off balance.
    01-12-09 06:48 PM
    I went in to a corporate store tonight. I brought the Storm & all its contents with me.

When CS called me, I went up & merely stated I wanted a new phone. Once they verified my status, I was given a new phone.

The CS person said her manager was giving her a hard time but she dismissed him & gave me a new phone.
    01-12-09 08:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD