How to I get rid of the add-in gmail enhancement. Dont like it. opps mean OS 5.0.0.328 with a mac.
    I know get windows but not happining.
    Last edited by hiltitech; 10-26-09 at 08:53 PM.
    10-26-09 08:51 PM
    You can do it with a tool called BBSAK but I believe it only runs on Windows. If you get access to it, connect your phone to your computer, then open BBSAK. click "Read System", then begin by selecting the first .cod file from your phone that BEGINS with "net_rim_bb_gmail". Click "Remove COD". Repeat this, removing every .cod file from the phone that begins with "net_rim_bb_gmail". You will have the normal email icon after a battery pull.

p.s., this has been asked a lot before. you will help the forums stay less cluttered if you search the forums (You can even google search with "crackberry" as the starting word) before posting.
    10-26-09 09:18 PM
    i used BBSAK to removve the gmail plug ins. but everytime i go to DM to add/remove some apps it keeps saying loading 5.0 core applications and it puts the gmail stuff back.
    10-26-09 10:40 PM
    i used BBSAK to removve the gmail plug ins. but everytime i go to DM to add/remove some apps it keeps saying loading 5.0 core applications and it puts the gmail stuff back.
    Because it is built into this build and even though you delete it, DM will always out it back on because it sees your device is missing the software.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 10:43 PM
    Because it is built into this build and even though you delete it, DM will always out it back on because it sees your device is missing the software.

so when I open and connect to DM is there a way to keep it from loading back in when I am loading some apps that I have saved
    10-26-09 10:55 PM
    Uh remove gmail AFTER you add your progs back to the phone

10-27-09 12:23 AM
    Thanks for this. I was wondering the exact opposite. I used shrink-a-OS to install, and my gmail plugin didn't install.

10-27-09 12:36 AM
    I am assuming you could remove the files from the local file on your computer.
    It might check via the internet and get it anyways tho.
    10-27-09 12:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD