For those of you who hate the mobile versions of some of the websites out there, here's how to see the full versions on your Storm (or Bold).

First, I'll preface this by saying that the Storm's (and the Bold's) standard browsers will not display the regular Yahoo! page correctly no matter what you do.

However, you can download OperaMini at www.mini.opera.com.

Download and Install the OperaMini browser.

It will be saved to your downloads folder on your Storm.

From your downloads folder, highlight the Opera icon and click on your Blackberry button on your Storm. You willl see an option to move this icon. Move it to your Home Screen. It will then be easier to access in the future.

Ok, now for the fun part:
    1. Start Opera
    2. enter the address Yahoo!
    3. You will now see the full Yahoo page.

Another link I tried is for E*Trade. go to https://us.etrade.com/e/t/home

If you try Yahoo! using the standard Storm (or Bold) browsers, you will notice that it says that your browser is not supported. However, with OperaMini, it works fine.

Another point to note is that if you are using the OperaMini browser and you go to Yahoo!, it will take you to the Mobile version of the site. So, you have to use the url I provided above.

If you have other sites that take you to the Mobile version, I thought that an easy way to find the correct address to go to is to use your PC, enter the address and look at the url. It works when you go to www.etrade.com on your PC, because the url will change to https://us.etrade.com/e/t/home. But, the Yahoo page still shows Yahoo!. Not sure why.

The way I found the Yahoo! was by entering in Yahoo! on an Apple iPhone. The Yahoo page comes up and the url shows up as Yahoo! !!!!

So, if you ever need the correct url, just ask a friend with an iPhone to enter in the url and tell you or pop on over to an AT&T store.
    11-22-08 05:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD