Hi all,
    I'm have a Storm 2 Verzion.
    Now i use it in Asia and I can not use EDVO.
    In my Country i Can use CMDA but in 1x, not in EVDO.
    I don't know how to active Storm 2 do EVDO, although my Blackberry 8830 can use EVDO.
    My friend say that edvo will work if i update PRL.
    But now i don't know where prl file is.
    If you know my issues, please help me.
    Thanks you so much
    Last edited by mrsmile; 06-04-10 at 11:40 PM.
    06-04-10 02:30 AM
    Hi all,
    I'm have a Storm 2 Verzion.
    Now i use it in Asia and I can not use EDVO.
    My friend say that edvo will work if i update PRL.
    But now i don't know where prl file is.
    If you know my issues, please help me.
    Thanks you so much
    You still have a working Verizon account right?
    there is a lot of stuff in the forums that shows you how to update the PRL .
    Have you tried searching the forum?
    06-04-10 02:45 AM
    It will not work in Asia. Storm2 CDMA (EV-DO) only works on 850/1800 MHz (North America), and Asia CDMA is operated in 900/1900. Storm2 only has GSM quad-bands (GPRS and EDGE), meaning it will cover the operation frequency ranges for North America, Europe and Asia in 850/900/1800/1900MHz. However, for GSM 3G (WCDMA), Storm2 only cover 2100MHz, which is only for Europe and Asia.

So, if you want to be able to using high speed data network, you need to be in the country or region that has the GSM (WCDMA) 2100 network, and your Storm2 is unlocked with proper SIM.
    06-04-10 05:35 AM
    I all,
    I don't know how to active Storm 2 do EVDO, although my Blackberry 8830 can use EVDO.
    06-04-10 11:40 PM
    I all,
    You need to contact your service provider and find out their procedure for updating the PRL file. On Verizon it is *228 option 2, on Sprint they have to push the file to your phone on the account, but every carrier has their own way of getting that file to the phone.
    06-05-10 10:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD