When I go to certain web pages with click on drop down menues either they are not working or don't appear at all. Also at eBay when I go to the bottom of a search page and click the next numbered page or "next" nothing happens. I have followed an earlier tip and selected Internet Explorer as my browser so I can see pages normally and not get the mobile page. Anyone else having this issue and is there a fix?

Thanks

Marc
    11-26-08 06:24 PM
    Bump! C'mon help a newbie. If I load this page on my Storm and go to the bottom of the page and click on one of the numbers to go to the next page nothing happens. Is that how it is supposed to be? On one site I visit frequently there are drop down menus that don't load on the Storm.

Any thoughts?
    11-26-08 08:01 PM
    I couldn't get them to work.

They don't work on WM SkyFire either.

Maybe try Opera Mini?
    11-26-08 08:10 PM
    It really sucks becuse it makes navigating the web difficult and some of my favorite web sites unuseable on the Storm. I'm not having fun with the storm so far.

What's Opera Mini, where do I get it and what does it do?

Marc
    11-26-08 08:16 PM
    Enable javascript might help.
    11-26-08 08:17 PM
    Just tried enabling the Java Script but nothing changed. The drop down's still don't work and if you load this forum and try to hit the page numbers at the bottom of the page to move to the next page, that won't work either.

Marc
    11-26-08 08:27 PM
    I have the same problems... To go around the problem I bump the screen to get the toolbar out and I tap on the cursor in order to click on the small hard to reach areas

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-08 08:38 PM
    I have the same problems... To go around the problem I bump the screen to get the toolbar out and I tap on the cursor in order to click on the small hard to reach areas

I'm a newbie, please speak in plain English. I have no idea what you are describing. However, doesn't sound like the same problem. I can focus on the "hard to reach area" perfectly and click it but nothing happens. No drop down or change to new page.

I can't believe more people aren't complaining about this. Especially if you are viewing this site on your Storm, you wouldn't be able to move on to the next page after scrolling down through all posts.

Marc
    11-26-08 08:43 PM
    Do you know the small tool bar i'm talking about? It has the zoom in and zoom out buttons

11-26-08 09:00 PM
    If you open up your browser and go to the options menu, check all the javascript boxes. Then Close and restart the browser and it should work (it did for me.) Then full sites that have java scripts, like Facebook should work. Not too sure about the drop down menus yet though.
    12-04-08 05:51 PM
    It's really slow and annoying, but the pull downs do work when you enable all the java options in the browser.
    12-04-08 06:02 PM
    I have no problems navigating through this forum using the numbers at the bottom. Make sure they are highlighted completely before you click. If they are too small then zoom in. If none of those work then try the cursor.

12-04-08 06:09 PM
    I was also wondering how to do this since I go to a lot of pages that have that. I forgot about the cursor tho lol will have to try that
    12-04-08 06:11 PM
    I just tried enabling JavaScript all the way, and it worked for me while using the cursor (which I dislike because it never is in the right place--it's always above what I'm trying to click on and it jumps around).

Anyway, it worked for most menus on my own website, but not on others--weird. Nothing different about the menus--I know; I developed them.

One question: how do you get that little cursor/zoom/unzoom menu at the bottom to come back up after it mysteriously goes away on its own? I can't find a way to get it back.

BTW, even with its blemishes (and there are several), I love my Storm. My husband had to borrow mine for a week when he went somewhere where he couldn't get Internet service for his laptop, and he fell in love too, so I got him one for Father's Day. We've been together 14 years, and he hasn't been very expressive in all that time, but he's told me three times since I gave him the Storm that he likes his phone! (I gave it to him a few days early.) Best present I could have given him!
    06-22-09 07:49 AM
    To get the toolbar to come up just tap (don't click) the screen. Tapping again hides the toolbar.

06-22-09 08:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD