my internet on my storm is slow.... but how fast is it supposed to be? i jus watched the commerical with the internet and mines not even close to that r there updates that i missed? and if there r where do u get em? i'm a new bb user as i said earlier, i jus feel it's rlly slow...
    01-03-09 04:38 PM
    Depends on where you are and the type of signal you are receiving.
    01-03-09 04:39 PM
    my internet on my storm is slow.... but how fast is it supposed to be? i jus watched the commerical with the internet and mines not even close to that r there updates that i missed? and if there r where do u get em? i'm a new bb user as i said earlier, i jus feel it's rlly slow...
    "Screen images simulated."

Also, there is no Santa Claus.
    01-03-09 04:40 PM
    For me, if I use the regular browser (with bb browser, firefox, or IE) the internet loads pretty slowly, but I downloaded Opera Mini and I would say that the internet on my Storm is ALMOST as fast on my lap top.
    01-03-09 04:51 PM
    what os are you running bc that too makes a difference.
    01-03-09 04:54 PM
    It's not going to be as fast as using your home computer obviously ... I usually get speeds of around 20k/sec.

I turned JavaScript off and that improved my speeds a LOT.
    01-03-09 05:00 PM
    With. .85. My internet is super fast. Andyeah. Don't forget it. Says screen iMages. Simulated in the
    Commercial

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-09 05:24 PM
    I cleared my history, cookies, etc. and noticed a marked improvement in speed.
    01-03-09 05:26 PM
    Anyone have any thoughts on whether the bb browser is faster or slower than Explorer? I think that those of us on BES, go through our BB servers when we are using the BB Browser, so that may be entirely dependent on our own networks. But aside from that is there any reason one might be faster or slower than the other?
    01-03-09 08:41 PM
    opera mini bro
    01-03-09 08:49 PM
    I live out in the country close to the interstate and I have Verizon's 3G, while ALL my AT&T friends only have EDGE. Mine is fast for a phone. I can load pages within a couple of seconds depending on the site, information on the page, etc. But signal-wise, I get EVDO out here. Some good stuff.
    01-03-09 11:12 PM
    It really depends on where you are. At my house where the signal isn't great (but still EVDO) it is pretty slow. When I am out where the signal is good, load times are really fast for a full (non-mobile) page.
    01-04-09 12:21 AM
    I'd say disappointingly slow. I have an older (2 yrs or so) work-issued Blackberry that's not 3G. When VZW nixed WiFi b/c they felt their 3G network was sufficient I was hopeful, and normally I'd say I'd just use my laptop in a 3G environment, but this evening I was early for a movie and wandering around a bookstore with free WiFi. My wife had a random question (that could be found on the internet but not in any book) and I went to use my new Storm. It was painfully slow, whereas if I was able to hook up to WiFi would have taken no time at all.

We live on the North side in Chicago so cell tower location/coverage shouldn't really be an issue.
    01-04-09 12:30 AM
    opera mini bro
    what version of opera mini are you running?
    01-04-09 12:44 AM
    Ever since I downloaded the entire interweb to my storms 8gb memory card it is super fast.................
    01-04-09 12:47 AM
    I've heard people say Opera Mini is not made for storm, what are the problems with running it on the storm?
    01-04-09 06:13 AM
    I've heard people say Opera Mini is not made for storm, what are the problems with running it on the storm?
    The SurePress don't work.
    01-04-09 12:43 PM
    I'm at home with only two bars on my phone. Takes me about 5 seconds to get from one
    Page to another.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-09 01:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD