I am having the hardest time when trying to edit text (when I type wrong letters, etc). Anybody have any tips? I'm going to read the tip book tonight but this seems to be one of my biggest issues right now b/c it is majorly annoying (especially while trying to adjust to the typing without a keyboard)
    11-21-08 04:24 PM
    I am having the hardest time when trying to edit text (when I type wrong letters, etc). Anybody have any tips? I'm going to read the tip book tonight but this seems to be one of my biggest issues right now b/c it is majorly annoying (especially while trying to adjust to the typing without a keyboard)
    I can't figure it out for the life of me. I keep clicking around trying to fix a character, then it ends up either being too far back or too far in front. Then the next thing I know it is trying to copy and paste it
    11-21-08 04:26 PM
    i hope someone can help us - this is very frustrating (especially with as much typing as I do on my bb)
    11-21-08 04:29 PM
    This is the only thing that is pissing me off a little bit. I wish it had something like the magnifying glass the iPhone has. Other than that, though, I love my Storm!
    11-21-08 04:34 PM
    Same here, very annoying. Looking at the tutorials actually on the Storm, it looks like you should just be able to move your finger left and right to change the cursor, but this doesn't work for me. You actually have to press down to change the cursor position, but as with you guys above, I keep landing in front and behind or where I'm trying to go.... There must be an easy way....
    11-21-08 05:26 PM
    do a search . . . asked and answered a few hours ago!
    11-21-08 05:37 PM
    You gotta love it!! So, you have and answer and rather than give up the coveted answer you say "Do a search"? This is a big release day and there are **pages** of threads, plenty of misleading titles to search through....i give up. People are so wierd.
    11-21-08 05:51 PM
    You'd get more respect for answering after your "search" statement
    11-21-08 05:54 PM
    I looked around and can't find the answer. That's not to say its not been discussed.

A little direction would be appreciated.
    11-21-08 06:02 PM
    ok, i didnt do a search BUT there are three ways to type.

landscape and get the full keyboard

the other way is like the phones, its multi push...push intill you get the letter you want

the other one (not sure what its called) but it has two letters per key except M and L i think (not looking at my berry right now) but you just type the word you want and it will fill it in correctly, just keep typing the word, it figured out my last name and it a odd polish name lol. it will give you word options, i didnt like it at first, but now that I got the hang of it, i dig it

you dig?
    11-21-08 06:07 PM

the other way is like the phones, its multi push...push intill you get the letter you want

the other one (not sure what its called) but it has two letters per key except M and L i think (not looking at my berry right now) but you just type the word you want and it will fill it in correctly, just keep typing the word, it figured out my last name and it a odd polish name lol. it will give you word options, i didnt like it at first, but now that I got the hang of it, i dig it you dig?
    I'm sorry, this cracked me up and can be filed under " 'ya think so!"

We're looking to find out how to EDIT text that has already been entered, you know, moving the curser forward and back within text.
    11-21-08 06:09 PM
    I'm sorry, this cracked me up and can be filed under " 'ya think so!"

We're looking to find out how to EDIT text that has already been entered, you know, moving the curser forward and back within text.
    Editing's for squares, man... dig?
    11-21-08 06:11 PM
    I managed it, somehow, twice, with lots of moving around in the text area, but can't work out how! Searched the forums too but can't cant' the answer. troutseth, care to put us out of our misery with a link to the answer?!
    11-21-08 06:12 PM
    it's soooo annoying. I keep having to backspace back losing the three words I typed after the stupid typo to correct the typo and end up having to type from that point forward again. There has to be a better way to navigate this!
    11-21-08 06:16 PM

the other one (not sure what its called) but it has two letters per key except M and L i think (not looking at my berry right now) but you just type the word you want and it will fill it in correctly, just keep typing the word, it figured out my last name and it a odd polish name lol. it will give you word options, i didnt like it at first, but now that I got the hang of it, i dig it

you dig?

The sh*t cracked me up too. hahaha. Thanks for the info.
    11-21-08 06:17 PM
    Found the other thread, hurah!

/f86/navigating-through-text-99158/

"Place your finger on the screen and hold it there (don't click). After a second the blue box curser will turn into a black
    outlined box. Then you can just slide your finger to where you want the cursor to be. I just found out you can place your
    finger almost anywhere on the screen and this will work!"
    11-21-08 06:19 PM
    Anyone?!?!?
    11-21-08 06:19 PM
    WOW! I just tried it and it works amazingly well! Ok, that settles it, I am officially in love with this thing
    11-21-08 06:27 PM
    That's pretty good.
    I also suggest making your font a little bigger so you can more easily edit text.
    11-21-08 06:31 PM
    Glad there's a set way to do that because when I played Witt one today that was my biggest irk. Coming from SureType and using a landscape mode was hard enough. Then trying to fix those errors. Ugh.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-08 06:44 PM
    That's pretty good.
    I also suggest making your font a little bigger so you can more easily edit text.
    Oh my gosh - something so obvious yet it didn't cross my mind. This will make it much easier.
    11-21-08 06:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD