I know, I know, it's not politically correct to ask the question.

But how is the Storm to use one handed while behind the wheel?

- Looking up contacts?
    - Dialing?
    - Checking voice mail?
    - Searching through text messages for an address?
    - Searching and selecting businesses on Google maps?

Inquiring Minds Want To Know!
    11-22-08 03:43 PM
    I have only had the phone for a day and haven't driven much, but when I did and tried to use the phone, I had a difficult time concentrating on the most important task at hand - DRIVING!

I am sure it will get easier as I become more familiar with the phone and UI but until then, I am going to keep my use while driving to a minimum!

...FWIW, I used my Pearl religiously while driving...
    11-22-08 03:45 PM
    You should do the right thing and pull over like the rest of us..... J/k though that is the right thing to do. Once you learn where everything is on the phone I don't think that it would be that hard. But on the other side of that coin is the fact that there is no buttons to memorize. I imagine that the voice activated dialing would become your best friend at that point.
    11-22-08 03:46 PM
    well lets say this much. i was attempting to text.

was about 2 seconds away from nailing the center divider lol. but hey its a learning experice.........to get better at typing lol.
    11-22-08 03:56 PM
    well lets say this much. i was attempting to text.

was about 2 seconds away from nailing the center divider lol. but hey its a learning experice.........to get better at typing lol.
    Oh man, Good post. I was driving home from work yesterday fiddling with my Storm. I decided it would be better to put the thing down.

On my Treo I would use my IM application and chat with people. It would help the commute home.
    11-22-08 04:33 PM
    I hope you get caught and get a ticket for txting while driving...
    11-22-08 04:39 PM
    What you need is bluetooth texting with GOOD verbal to text interface.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 04:44 PM
    It does have voice dialing correct?
    11-22-08 04:45 PM
    Oh boy, you have spoken the unspeakable and have now unleashed **** on earth, well at least unleashed **** on CB

11-22-08 04:59 PM
    I hope you get caught and get a ticket for txting while driving...
    I agree, before you run a red light and kill someone. Don't forget the fact that you're in a 3000 lb. machine that requires your undivided attention.
    11-23-08 10:35 AM
    I've seen people get killed because some inconsiderate driver was texting while driving.

Pay the **** attention and drive. If you need to text, pull the **** off the road.
    11-23-08 11:05 AM
    what about surfing the web, im, and the biggie watching a movie while im driving my tractor .. will the typing be like my voyager its keyboarf rocks

11-23-08 11:36 AM
    For any of you who are looking for a cool solution to texting while driving, you should check out Jaxtr.com
    I used it while it was a free application in beta, and I was very impressed with it. I don't know whether it will be compatible with the storm as of now, but I used it with my Pearl 8130, and it was pretty impressive. All you have to do is assign a speed dial key to the Jaxtr service, and you can leave a voice message that will be translated to text and sent via sms. You can setup contacts on the Jaxtr site so it can voice recognize who your recipient is. You can also use it to leave notes and set text based reminders. There was a version designed to integrate right with my BB, but I never seemed to get it working right (not that I tried that hard). Anyway this is really important, we all know that texting and driving don't mix, I don't care how good you are, even if you think your safe, your setting a bad example for some 16yr old who is gonna think that they can do it if you can do it. I can drive safely, but I can't make sure that the people on the road drive safely too, so lets have a little common courtesy.
    In the mean time, does anyone else know of any other voice to text applications that work well?
    11-23-08 11:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD