First, I apologize if this is not the appropriate forum for this (moderator, please move if required).

Ok, I absolutely like my Storm (sans the browser, but there is Opera mini for that! ). For a business professional who wants a dependable device that offers a very good multimedia experience, Storm 2 is more than equal to the task.

Here is a question I have for you guys: what do you use the memory space on your S2 for?

For me here is how my S2's different "sets" of memory are used:
    1. RAM (256MB): With the OS and all my favorite apps loaded, I have 80-90MB left. I experience absolutely no lag. Battery lasts more than 24 hours for most days.
    2. ROM (2G): I have no use for this. What is supposed to be used for anyway?
    3. Media Card (16GB): Music (5GB), Pictures, Video (at least one full length ripped DVD at any given time and random clips 1G), work files and other documents.

So why do I need all the memory space in this device? What do you use yours for?
    06-19-10 07:00 PM
    I've used 14.8 GB on my SD card for music.

90-95 MB left in RAM and don't even use the internal device mem. for anything.
    06-19-10 07:07 PM
    You will only be able to write data to the 256mb internal space, or the 16gb media card.

The internal space is for your OS, messages, settings, applications, themes, etc. The external can not be used for that, so it is used for images, videos, audio, etc.
    06-19-10 07:11 PM
    You will only be able to write data to the 256mb internal space, or the 16gb media card.

The internal space is for your OS, messages, settings, applications, themes, etc. The external can not be used for that, so it is used for images, videos, audio, etc.
    What is 'internal space'?
    06-19-10 08:43 PM
    the 256mb of RAM that is inside the device.
    06-19-10 08:45 PM
    So far all I've used mine (the 2 gig device memory) is wallpaper for use with BerryWeather, since it defaults every time to look there. So I just moved anything I want to use there so I don't have to click up from pictures on device memory to pictures on memory card.
    Last edited by genomos; 06-20-10 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Mistake corrected.
    06-19-10 08:58 PM
    Use it for when I go over on my memory card until I can delete something later..
    06-19-10 09:15 PM
    The fact that it cant store the apps on the SD card is insane
    06-19-10 09:43 PM
    Just be carefull about storing pictures on on device 2Gb. It will get wiped on a os upgrade and not backed up.

News to me that OS can utilize it for messages and stuff. On OS 4.6 it was stored in the 128/256 flash ram I believe. Maybee on OS6 we will be able to use it for apps as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-10 02:04 AM
    No, it is NOT.
    The technology to do that is not fully implemented yet.
    06-20-10 07:21 AM
    No, it is NOT.
    The technology to do that is not fully implemented yet.
    Maybe this will make you happier:

The fact that RIM has not implemented the technology to store the apps on the SD card is insane.

It's positively ridiculous that the devices don't have more memory available for apps & the OS, whether it's internal memory or an SD card. It isn't as much of a problem on the S2, but the lack of sufficient memory is one of the main reasons the S1 was a dog.
    06-20-10 11:18 AM
    Just be carefull about storing pictures on on device 2Gb. It will get wiped on a os upgrade and not backed up.
    When I do an OS upgrade I backup with DM, then do an app and file system wipe before installing via Apploader. Afterwards I restore with DM and pictures (wallpapers in my case) are right where I left them. So either they DO get backed up, or the wipe/install procedure doesn't touch device memory.

News to me that OS can utilize it for messages and stuff. On OS 4.6 it was stored in the 128/256 flash ram I believe. Maybee on OS6 we will be able to use it for apps as well.

It's the same scenario in OS 5 as well, although there are some settings stored to device memory.
    06-20-10 12:14 PM
    I use it mainly for music (10gb) and pictures
    06-20-10 11:18 PM

I've never lost anything off my device memory when doing an OS upgrade and half the time I do a full wipe before loading the OS.

As for how my memory is used...

I have some individual music videos, wallpapers, ringtones, and app setting backups stored on the device memory. I still have 1.2 Gig free.

I have 984 songs, a bunch of full length movies, and a few pictures that use up about 10.6 GB of my memory card.

I currently have about 35 apps actually installed on the phone, leaving me with about 100 MB of free RAM.
    06-21-10 01:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD