do you think it will run nice and smooth? or will it be choppy?
    05-05-10 08:19 AM
    Honestly I do not think the S2 will see OS 6. Hope it will, but with the way RIM has handled OS upgrades for this phone, the S2 will be the last one to see this OS.
    05-05-10 08:40 AM
    I cannot imagine that RIM didn't learn from their previous operating systems. I think the discrepancies and complains are very well documented.

It would be first priority to make all RIM apps run smooth and interact as expected.
    Eagerly I'm awaiting the "Storm 3" too. I hope OS 6 will be a great upgrade and very competitive with other OS's.

I have a feeling that RIM will come strong.
    05-05-10 09:42 AM
    I just pray that it won't take 6 minutes to turn on!!
    05-05-10 10:02 AM
    I just pray that it won't take 6 minutes to turn on!!
    I can deal with it taking 6 minutes to load if it's a fully featured OS, like RIM is advertising.
    05-05-10 10:06 AM
    I can deal with it taking 6 minutes to load if it's a fully featured OS, like RIM is advertising.
    You mean I can't have my cake and eat it too?!
    05-05-10 10:14 AM
    I bet it will turn my S2 into a S1, performance-wise. I'm not even going to bother to upgrade the OS. It makes much more sense to get the device that was meant to run the new OS.

To me, it seems like putting a new engine into a old car. Sure, it will probably work, but don't expect it to be like the car that was made for it.
    05-05-10 11:10 AM
    It's working great so far on my S2.
    05-05-10 11:14 AM
    storm 2 will go OS6, we have seen documentation on it

And i think it will run fine really. I didnt see that many issues running OS 5 on my storm 1 for 6 months
    05-05-10 11:26 AM
    Storm 2 will be getting 6.0 its already been announced

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-10 11:27 AM
    Storm 2 will be getting 6.0 its already been announced
    Link?
    From what I've seen the info was unofficially leaked.
    05-05-10 12:01 PM
    Even if OS6 is 40MB larger than OS5, it will still work fine.
    05-05-10 12:04 PM
    Yeah, biggest concern will be amount of app memory, as I imagine OS 6 will have a larger footprint than 5.0...probably even more so than 5.0 did over 4.7.

I'm guessing it would run fine...but will it be a full-featured version? will we have room left to add all of our apps back? These are the questions you should be asking. When I installed 5.0 on my S1 it ran fine, but I didn't have a lot of app memory left to install all that many apps afterwards.
    05-05-10 12:08 PM
    I bet it will turn my S2 into a S1, performance-wise. I'm not even going to bother to upgrade the OS. It makes much more sense to get the device that was meant to run the new OS.

To me, it seems like putting a new engine into a old car. Sure, it will probably work, but don't expect it to be like the car that was made for it.
    No way... Look at all the other devices that started with 4.6/4.7 and are now on 5.0. They all run fine. The Storm 1 is a mess of it's own. 5.0 was such an improvement on my Bold 9000, it's not even funny.
    05-05-10 12:09 PM
    do you think it will run nice and smooth? or will it be choppy?
    it will prolly run like poo to begin with but it will get better.
    05-05-10 12:22 PM
    It will be smooth.
    It will be awesome.
    It will be loaded on my Storm2 as soon as it's available.
    05-05-10 12:29 PM
    It will be smooth.
    It will be awesome.
    an be brought to ya by the easter bunny
    05-05-10 12:55 PM
    It will be smooth.
    It will be awesome.
    I agree. I will believe it until proven otherwise.
    05-05-10 12:56 PM

And i think it will run fine really. I didnt see that many issues running OS 5 on my storm 1 for 6 months
    howarmat, I know you are also in possesion of the Incredible while having your S2.......are you waiting to see what the 6.0 OS will bring and how it runs before you completely jump ship or are you going to remain loyal regardless if the 6.0 OS dissapoints?

I too am holding on to my S2 and are anxiously waiting to see what the new OS will bring, but am really concerned that most people will be dissapointed as I simply do not see the phone improving soo drastically that people will be held off from looking elsewhere. Lets all cross our fingers and hope this is the savior because so far the Incredible has been Incredible
    05-05-10 01:52 PM
    i wont jump ship no matter what. My bb still does many things better than the incredible by far.

i will load OS 6 up on the storm 2 as long as it leaks or becomes official before the s3 is out and my 1 year is up in december. then i will have a s3 anyway.
    05-05-10 02:25 PM
    Still struggling to understand why people insist on speculating about OS drops that are not yet released.

Here's my opinion on it. It will be choppy and a big piece of crap. Is that what you wanted to hear? How about this...it will be the best thing since sliced bread. It will read your mind and do searches online at merely your thoughts.

...I can keep going, stop me when I have told you what you want to hear...
    05-05-10 02:45 PM
    i wont jump ship no matter what. My bb still does many things better than the incredible by far.

i will load OS 6 up on the storm 2 as long as it leaks or becomes official before the s3 is out and my 1 year is up in december. then i will have a s3 anyway.
    I too miss my BBerry, but what experience have you had that makes you say it does certain things better and what do you think the new OS will bring to the table? I've been following these forums religiously ever since I subscribed and have always defended my S2, but I simply cannnot be blind to the fact that the Incredible is indeed just that, Incredible.

Why have an Incredible if you have no intention of jumping ship? I got one because I just could, but don't see myself going back to BBerry unless 6.0 hits a home run which in this case I see the chances of that of being extremely slim if I might add my .02$

I'd really like to hear what your input is on your experience with the Incredible and how you think the new 6.0 OS will shape up along side the HTC
    05-05-10 02:45 PM
    email, the BB still does it much better
    -there is no leave it on the server and delete from handheld option on the incredible, you can only have it one way without going in and cahnging a setting around
    -yahoo, hotmail, aol etc are not push
    -you have to have 2 apps, one for google and 1 for everything else

the facebook experience for right now blows badly on the android

a 1750 battery on the incredible can barely go 15-20 hours when i can get my storm 2 to go 1.5 days with about the same use

IM programs like meebo, ebuddy and IM+ all run fun out on the incredible using battery constantly. Beejive and IM+ both "sleep" and wait for a push on the BB which means they use very little battery.

Twitter apps also have pretty good drain on the battery on the Inc, i have push titter on my berry for mentions and DMs

BB has tons better integration with BB where the Inc relies on gmail to handle everything. i dont use gmail that much and when i did use it, the damn thing frakking screwed up my calender and my contacts with its auto sync on the BB.

the notification light is a complete joke for the incredible

______

now there are many things it does better, liek games and many apps. and obviously the web. some of that is because of the awesome resolution on the screen though. Once we get webkit on a storm it will be very nice too.

the Inc a very nice phone no arguments there but google still has somethings it needs to master to completely put the BB to shame. If you want gaming, webbrowsing and movie viewing then the incredible might be better, but for a better business and communication device, i will take my BB anyday
    Last edited by howarmat; 05-05-10 at 07:47 PM.
    05-05-10 04:54 PM
    To the OP...which way should I guess...good or bad? I hope it runs great, but nobody knows.
    05-05-10 06:13 PM

On the s1, moving from the 4.7 to 5.0 OSs made a HUGE difference in smoothness. It almost seemed like the speedier the 4.7 OS became, the fluidity of interface navigation increased as well. Since the new os6 for s2 is coming, is there a reason for the os number upgrade? Could it perhaps be the result of each new os numbers components using the processor and ram with greater efficiency? Could it be said theory holds true for the s2?

I'm beside myself when the navigation fluidity of os6 comes to mind. Given, the theory is unerring.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-10 06:16 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD