I tried to setup my email on my BB storm 2 just now and when I go to
    setup>setup wizard>email setup> I only get one option > " I want to use a work email account with a blackberry enterprise server"

when I click next, it says "has your blackberry enterprise server administrator provided you with an enterprise activation password?"

And no I was not provided with one, so I hit no>next> it then says "contact your system administrator to find out whether an enterprise activation password will be provided, or if you need to install the blackberry desktop software" I do have the BB desktop software installed.

So how do I fix this? Do I have to setup my email from the BB desktop program that came with my phone?

Thanks
    Jon
    04-20-10 10:52 AM
    Your bb is on BES. You need to contact your management ask them to add an email for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-10 10:55 AM
    Your bb is on BES. You need to contact your management ask them to add an email for you.

My Management? By that you mean by service Provider? Such as AT&T??
    04-20-10 11:03 AM
    From your job. Its says your in BES not BIS

04-20-10 11:07 AM
    From your job. Its says your in BES not BIS

You lost me man, whatd o you mean from your job? Also what is BES and BIS?
    Sorry i'm clueless
    04-20-10 11:08 AM
    in simple terms

BIS- is an individual email account
    BES- is an email account set up with your job

who provided you with your blackberry, your company or did you purchase it yourself?
    04-20-10 11:17 AM
    in simple terms

BIS- is an individual email account
    BES- is an email account set up with your job

who provided you with your blackberry, your company or did you purchase it yourself?
    she beat me to it
    BIS - BlackBerry Internet Service = email service provided by the respective carrier; T-Mobile, AT&T, Verizon, Rogers, etc, etc...

BES - BlackBerry Enterprise Server = email service provided by a server ran by a company. For example by your employer...
    04-20-10 11:20 AM
    On your device - menu - options - advanced options - host routing table - menu - register now.

Log on to your carrier's BIS website, create an account by providing the device pin & imei, add the email accounts and send service books to the device...

04-20-10 11:32 AM
    I tried to Register but everytime I do it says Message Sent. I go to AT&T BIS site and I get this message after trying to sign up, I enter my PIN and IMEI and it then reads;
    Cannot create account:

This BlackBerry(R) device is not registered with your wireless service provider.
    Please register this device and verify that the URL of the current web site matches
    the one provided by your wireless service provider.

To register:

1. In the Application list on your device, click Options, or click Settings Options.

2. Click Advanced Options > Host Routing Table.

3. Click the Menu key and click Register Now.

If the error persists, contact your wireless service provider.

I did what it said to do, still nothing.
    04-20-10 12:14 PM
    Are you in BIS or BES?

04-20-10 12:16 PM
    Are you in BIS or BES? If your in BIS, to call your carrier and reset the bb. Or look for the steps here about BIS accr getting BES error

04-20-10 12:17 PM
    Are you in BIS or BES? If your in BIS, to call your carrier and reset the bb. Or look for the steps here about BIS accr getting BES error

I assume BES? How do I find out which one I am on?
    04-20-10 12:18 PM
    Do you have a BB data plan on your account?

04-20-10 12:18 PM
    Are you in BIS or BES?
    He's most likely on BIS...he is using the phone on ATT and doesn't know why everyone keeps mentioning management...that probably means he didn't get his phone through work and is not on a BES server...2+2

I did what it said to do, still nothing.
    How to get Features on ATT

Try this...if not, call ATT...do you have a Blackberry Data Plan with them?
    04-20-10 12:19 PM
    Do you have a BB data plan on your account?

Not yet, I was waiting for AT&T to send me a text saying that they added one because they found out I am using a BB.
    04-20-10 12:20 PM
    Not yet, I was waiting for AT&T to send me a text saying that they added one because they found out I am using a BB.
    There's your issue. Call ATT and add the plan. Without it, you can't use BIS and therefore won't get personal email setup
    04-20-10 12:21 PM
    He's most likely on BIS...he is using the phone on ATT and doesn't know why everyone keeps mentioning management...that probably means he didn't get his phone through work and is not on a BES server...2+2

How to get Features on ATT

Try this...if not, call ATT...do you have a Blackberry Data Plan with them?
    No I did not get my storm 2 from work, I purchased it off eBay brand new never used or activated.

I did the first method in that link you provided. that's why I am clueless I thought it would work now.

I do not have a BB data plan, yet.
    04-20-10 12:21 PM
    There's your issue. Call ATT and add the plan. Without it, you can't use BIS and therefore won't get personal email setup
    Ahhhh, ok and can that be the reason why I can't use the Browser?
    I don't have the option to switch the browser settings to "Internet Browser"

Thank you, i'll call in a minute.
    Jon
    04-20-10 12:23 PM
    Ahhhh, ok and can that be the reason why I can't use the Browser?
    I don't have the option to switch the browser settings to "Internet Browser"

Thank you, i'll call in a minute.
    Jon
    Yep. The Browser and other "internet related" stuff (email, etc.) is tied to the Service Books. Adding the data plan should allow you to get all that stuff up and working.

Good luck.
    04-20-10 12:25 PM
    I stop by these threads for comic relief.

I know there are many others that are laughing so hard they cant type at the moment.
    04-20-10 12:36 PM
    I stop by these threads for comic relief.

I know there are many others that are laughing so hard they cant type at the moment.
    whats so funny
    04-20-10 12:54 PM
    Alright... You need a bb data plan to get push email on your device... Wait for the text from AT&T ... After getting it, register host routing table - add the email accounts and send service books to your device... You will be good to go... You can use the device for calls and texts for the time being ...
    04-20-10 01:32 PM
    This is a good place to get started : BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com
    04-20-10 01:36 PM
    Alright... You need a bb data plan to get push email on your device... Wait for the text from AT&T ... After getting it, register host routing table - add the email accounts and send service books to your device... You will be good to go... You can use the device for calls and texts for the time being ...
    I got a BB days plan on my phone now. But email still not working

04-20-10 02:08 PM
    Anyone? Also can't figure out wifi.

04-20-10 04:13 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD