I really don't know much about taking pictures all I know is that sometimes my camera seems to take very grainy looking pictures. What settings can I use to get the best results for the storm camera? I want the clearest best looking pictures I can muster out of this thing.
    03-20-09 02:43 PM
    I hate to disappoint you, but phone cameras are generally crap. If you have perfect lighting you MIGHT get a decent picture. Other than that, you should just keep in mind that you bought a phone with a camera, not a camera with a phone.
    03-20-09 02:52 PM
    Yeah I'm aware of that, I'm just curious on how to max out what I have to work with.
    03-20-09 02:53 PM
    wait til the next OS update comes out. The sw for the camera is awful. Wait, it's not that good. It's CRAP!
    03-20-09 02:55 PM
    Just make sure the image size is the largest and the quality is set to fine. Other than that maybe just cross your fingers and see if that helps haha You're just not gonna get anything close to what you'd get with a regular point and shoot camera.
    03-20-09 02:55 PM
    Just make sure the image size is the largest and the quality is set to fine. Other than that maybe just cross your fingers and see if that helps haha You're just not gonna get anything close to what you'd get with a regular point and shoot camera.
    So you'd choose fine over superfine?
    03-20-09 02:56 PM
    oh ok, go with superfine. Sorry about that.
    03-20-09 02:59 PM
    and above all else, do not use the digital zoom
    03-20-09 03:11 PM
    I hate to disappoint you, but phone cameras are generally crap. If you have perfect lighting you MIGHT get a decent picture. Other than that, you should just keep in mind that you bought a phone with a camera, not a camera with a phone.
    I think it's pretty good for a phone... Here are some random shots I have taken over the past week in variable conditions. Inside, outside, flash, no flash etc...

Last edited by Dostovel; 03-20-09 at 04:01 PM.
    03-20-09 03:16 PM
    Can't see them at work. I'll take a look when I get home later. And I DO agree, for a phone camera it's not all that bad. It's just that some people are upset when they buy a camera phone and find out that it doesn't take pictures like their camera does. It's kinda like assuming that a point and shoot camera will take just as good a picture as a DSLR will. The point and shoot might not be bad at all, just try to keep in mind what you've bought, thats all.
    03-20-09 03:22 PM
    Use the highest resolution, superfine. Turn on image stabilization. Try not to use the zoom.

JPD217
    03-20-09 03:27 PM
    OK....my camera pictures looks NOTHING close to the resolution of yours. Nothing....guess I do have to wait for the next software update. Mine come out very grainy and blurry. And most camera phones that are 2M pixel are very descent.

Nero
    03-20-09 03:37 PM
    I. Went into camera>options and set my flash to always on. That helps the qualities od my pictures quite a bit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-09 03:43 PM
    I. Went into camera>options and set my flash to always on. That helps the qualities od my pictures quite a bit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    just don't try taking pictures of ppl in a dark environment, like a restaurant.
    The light of the "flash" stays on when focusing and is blinding and makes everyone look off-camera so that they don't have to look into the light. Makes for some very weird photos. "Why is everyone looking off to the side?"
    03-20-09 03:50 PM
    just don't try taking pictures of ppl in a dark environment, like a restaurant.
    The light of the "flash" stays on when focusing and is blinding and makes everyone look off-camera so that they don't have to look into the light. Makes for some very weird photos. "Why is everyone looking off to the side?"
    Waiting for the focus is what sucks... that LED is blinding.
    03-20-09 05:11 PM
    I use my Nikon D90 for my best pictures...
    03-20-09 05:25 PM
    Well, first of all, I find that the camera works best with the .109 firmware. At least for me. Then from there, only use the flash when you need it. The Storm is VERY good for daylight photos, but sucks for night in most instances, even with the flash. Depends on what you're taking a picture of though. I try not to use the zoom because it reduces the resolution, I keep it set on superfine, and I have the image stabilization off because to be honest I can't tell a difference other than the camera seems a bit faster with it turned off. The camera on the Storm is EXCEPTIONAL for close up detail photos, such as photographing text. It will focus within an inch or so of the subject no problem. Here are some samples of my pics. A couple were resized, a couple weren't.
    03-20-09 07:14 PM
    Well, first of all, I find that the camera works best with the .109 firmware. At least for me. Then from there, only use the flash when you need it. The Storm is VERY good for daylight photos, but sucks for night in most instances, even with the flash. Depends on what you're taking a picture of though. I try not to use the zoom because it reduces the resolution, I keep it set on superfine, and I have the image stabilization off because to be honest I can't tell a difference other than the camera seems a bit faster with it turned off. The camera on the Storm is EXCEPTIONAL for close up detail photos, such as photographing text. It will focus within an inch or so of the subject no problem. Here are some samples of my pics. A couple were resized, a couple weren't.

See, those are pretty good photos alright...
    03-21-09 01:54 AM
    This is a true story. I bought a used and broken Storm a couple weeks ago and needed to call VZW to make sure the MEID was clean on it and it hadn't been reported lost or stolen. Well, apparently my eyesight is going to isht faster than I thought and I couldn't read the MEID number off the sticker inside the phone. What did I do? Yep, I got the other Storm out and put it down about 2 inches away from the sticker and took a picture. Then I transferred the picture to the computer, called VZW and read the number off from my 20" monitor...lol! Worked perfect! I use the Storm for almost all my text photographing needs. Neither my Canon nor my Nikon digital cameras can focus close up on small text as well as the Storm can.
    03-21-09 02:41 AM
    So on your camera options, what is geotagging?
    and when I store pics do I want to store them on media card ot in device memory?
    I feel like such an ***** with this phone...
    its all so new to me.
    Thanks Lisa
    03-21-09 06:48 AM
    Here's one taken at a parade at night.
    03-21-09 07:00 AM
    The camera works better outdoor with natural light than indoor.
    03-21-09 07:28 AM
    The camera works better outdoor with natural light than indoor.
    That's true, I noticed the same thing.
    03-21-09 12:12 PM
    this is at full zoom. highest settings

03-21-09 01:28 PM
    [QUOTE=Dostovel;2021911]I think it's pretty good for a phone... Here are some random shots I have taken over the past week in variable conditions. Inside, outside, flash, no flash etc...

Ok, mine doesn't look as good as yours, but I think because of the subject! LOL
    Lucky Guy!!!
    03-21-09 01:47 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD