Ok, I am a newbie of a few weeks and I noticed that everyone is talking of doing a battery pull. I have searched the forums but I have not found out how to actualy do a battery pull. I realize you open the back and take out the battery, but do you have to leave it out for a while? Is there anyother way than opening the back every time. I find it difficult to do. Thanks for your help.
    02-19-09 12:36 PM
    take out the battery...leave it out for 30 seconds... but it back :-)

there is a program you can download, im sure someone here has it, i cant remember it.
    02-19-09 12:38 PM
    30 seconds. Or use this program and schedule it to occur every night while you sleep.

12/7/2008- Quick Pull - Reset without a battery pull
    02-19-09 12:38 PM
    To do a true battery pull, you have to take the cover off every time and remove the battery. Leave it out for about 30 seconds, and pop it back in.
    02-19-09 12:39 PM
    Thanks so much. 30 secs it is.
    02-19-09 12:41 PM
    I wait 40 secs. Just for kicks most of the time.
    02-19-09 12:51 PM
    Hmm I usually wait like 5 sec lol. Gonna try 30.
    02-19-09 12:57 PM

I wait like 5 seconds too

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 01:08 PM
    I go 10! And I'm sure it doesn't matter how long you go......despite what some ex gfs have told me!
    02-19-09 01:12 PM
    ya it doesnt really matter how long you leave it out once the power is cut the power is cut...all your previous settings are restored when the battery is reinserted into the phone. The only downside to doing a battery pull is having to log back into a lot of sites i.e. Facebook/Myspace/Flickr
    02-19-09 01:16 PM
    Quickpull, quickpull, quickpull.

Time doesn't matter folks...the storm doesn't have any sort capacitative power storage enough to keep anything running for more than a second or so once the battery is pulled.

5 seconds, 500 seconds, same deal.
    02-19-09 01:36 PM
    Pull it with the Storm still on.
    02-19-09 01:38 PM
    take out the battery...leave it out for 30 seconds... but it back :-)

there is a program you can download, im sure someone here has it, i cant remember it.
    I think you are thinking about "SoftReset". It worked the same as a battery pull. I had it on my pearl but didn't transfer it to my storm. If it works on the storm it's worth looking in to!

02-19-09 02:02 PM
    This is how crackberry should be. A month ago this person would have been ripped apart for their question. Its nice to see everyone is helpful again

02-19-09 02:10 PM
    Haha I don't even wait...I pop it out enough that the device turns off, then pop it back in...usually just try to stop the electrical connection lol

I think I may try the 30 seconds too and see if it makes any difference, but my inclination is that it doesn't...
    02-19-09 02:18 PM
    anyone else find it difficult to get the back off of the phone?
    If I have to do a battery pull, the worst part is trying to get that back panel off.... and waiting for the reboot (sheesh!).
    thanks.
    02-19-09 02:22 PM
    I hope there will be a time when I don't have to do a battery pull once a freaking day with this phone.
    02-19-09 02:26 PM
    anyone else find it difficult to get the back off of the phone?
    If I have to do a battery pull, the worst part is trying to get that back panel off.... and waiting for the reboot (sheesh!).
    thanks.
    it's all about technique...
    i cradle the device in my left hand, screen to my palm, earpiece down, and gently massage the triggers with my thumb and index finger in a downword motion, and then sliiidddeeee my right index finger underneath then i rip the battery out in a passionate ferver then jam it back in and huff and puff and shiver while i wait for the phone to power on
    02-19-09 02:34 PM
    it's all about technique...
    i cradle the device in my left hand, screen to my palm, earpiece down, and gently massage the triggers with my thumb and index finger in a downword motion, and then sliiidddeeee my right index finger underneath then i rip the battery out in a passionate ferver then jam it back in and huff and puff and shiver while i wait for the phone to power on
    hee hee hee!!
    02-19-09 02:44 PM
    As mentioned before, use the quick pull program. It is free. You schedule it for a time to do it every day. So, I do it while I'm sleeping. Also, if needed, you can do the quick pull manually anytime with the software.

With as many battery covers as I've seen get messed up, I wouldn't want to open the battery door 365 times a year. That's just begging for additional problems.

anchorsax
    02-19-09 02:46 PM
    Wow a battery pull makes a big differance. First blackberry so didnt know anything about it before reading about it here. got about 12mb after pulling.. thanks
    02-19-09 03:46 PM
    well im a real noob, don't even have one yet, until tonight, but why does anyone have to do a battery pull? what does it do?
    02-19-09 04:01 PM
    I am a new BB owner. Why would you want to do a battery pull?
    02-19-09 04:01 PM
    too free memory or when the phone bugs
    02-19-09 04:17 PM
    ps: thx for the quickpull program
    02-19-09 04:17 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD