In my last phone (a LG Dare) when I typed in my number for my voice mail I could add a pause or 2 and put in my password. Can you do this in the Storm?
    03-31-09 09:13 PM
    yep. from the dial pad, hit menu, then choose options. Select Voicemail, then enter your password. It should dial, automatically pause, then enter your password.
    03-31-09 09:19 PM
    where you want the pause, hit the blackberry button and scroll to insert pause.
    03-31-09 10:09 PM
    where you want the pause, hit the blackberry button and scroll to insert pause.
    The phone automatically pauses for 3 seconds before auto-entering your voicemail password if you do as VerizonTechie stated above.
    03-31-09 11:13 PM
    Is there any way to hide your password on your phone?
    04-01-09 08:24 AM
    This don't work on my phone. I put in the password but when I call voicemail it keeps asking for my password.
    04-01-09 11:40 AM
    you have to save it...so here is the process from beginning to end...hit the phone button (green call button thingy bottom right while holding phone in portrait)>blackberry button (black with white dots between the green one and the clear/back button)>options>voice mail>access number should be your 10 digit phone number, password, should be your password, followed by the # sign>hit the clear button (between the red end hangy uppy thing button and the blackberry button with the white dots on it)>save...
    that should do it for ya
    04-01-09 11:48 AM
    you have to save it...so here is the process from beginning to end...hit the phone button (green call button thingy bottom right while holding phone in portrait)>blackberry button (black with white dots between the green one and the clear/back button)>options>voice mail>access number should be your 10 digit phone number, password, should be your password, followed by the # sign>hit the clear button (between the red end hangy uppy thing button and the blackberry button with the white dots on it)>save...
    that should do it for ya
    Do you HAVE to put the pound sign after your voicemail password? I didn't have to do that, and it works fine on my phone.
    04-01-09 04:25 PM
    On vzw the system asks you to hit pound to enter your password. I'm mobile so can't see your info. Try with and without and see what works.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-09 04:28 PM
    On vzw the system asks you to hit pound to enter your password. I'm mobile so can't see your info. Try with and without and see what works.

Does not ask for a pound sign for me? It was simple, i just entered my 4-digit code and save. Thats all, no # sign.
    04-01-09 04:32 PM
    Does not ask for a pound sign for me? It was simple, i just entered my 4-digit code and save. Thats all, no # sign.
    Same here.
    04-01-09 05:46 PM
    my point is THE VERIZON SYSTEM requires you hit "#" after your password. when using the voicemail menu on your blackberry i'm assuming it knows this and enters it for you...generally speaking, when you dial your password, you hit pound after. so when creating pause dialing, you do the same. the vm settings are not creating pause dialing.

sorry, i'm not trying to be snappy, just trying to be clear as to what i was saying. sometimes when i'm on my CB mobile site i don't form my thoughts fully because i dont want to have to type them all out on my phone.
    04-01-09 05:48 PM
    This don't work on my phone. I put in the password but when I call voicemail it keeps asking for my password.
    How are you calling into voicemail?

Are you dialling *86? or are you pressing Green Talk Button, then BB Button, then selecting Call Voicemail. Or are you pressing Talk then holding down the #1 (has the little VM icon on it and is setup to speeddial to Voicemail

Adding your password to Phone Options > Voice Mail will only work if you use the speeddial or the talk, bb, VM options. If you are dialing *86, you will need to insert the pause manually. To insert a pause manually while dialling, press and hold the *, it will insert a P with a circle around it, then enter whatever you want the phone to dial after a 3 second pause. (If you want the system to wait for your approval before it sends the additional digits, press and hold the # and it will insert a W with a circle around it.)

If you still have questions, post another reply with how you are dialling, and maybe that will help us to continue helping you.
    Last edited by dtubbs06; 04-01-09 at 06:13 PM.
    04-01-09 06:07 PM
    my point is THE VERIZON SYSTEM requires you hit "#" after your password. when using the voicemail menu on your blackberry i'm assuming it knows this and enters it for you...generally speaking, when you dial your password, you hit pound after. so when creating pause dialing, you do the same. the vm settings are not creating pause dialing.

sorry, i'm not trying to be snappy, just trying to be clear as to what i was saying. sometimes when i'm on my CB mobile site i don't form my thoughts fully because i dont want to have to type them all out on my phone.
    When I call into the VM from my phone (via *86), it only asks me to enter my password, nothing about needing a # sign. It may require this if you are dialling into the voicemail from outside the Verizon network, or they may have different Voice Mail servers for different regions/areas that have different requirements for checking one's messages (They are the nations largest 3G network afterall, and I don't imagine they would want everyone on the same server. Can you imagine if every Verizon customer were on the same VM server what chaos would happen when the hardware failed )
    04-01-09 06:11 PM
    good call dtubbs...didn't think of reigonal servers. but last i heard (september 08) vzw was migrating so all voicemail servers were identical...maybe that is something that got left out?
    04-01-09 06:15 PM
    Haha that sounds like something easy to over look. Multiple techs setting up hundreds of boxes and a few forget to uncheck the box to require #

Haha

04-01-09 09:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD