Hey all, I was just wondering what the chances are that this phone is not even destined for Verizon?
    It would make sense if this was a future Sprint phone, as Sprint seems to have basically better versions of Verizon smartphones (eg. HTC Touch Pro and Diamond).
    Anyone else think this may be for another carrier?
    05-19-09 07:59 PM
    There have been a few sources who are pretty reputable and have stated that it will be GSM. However the strange thing is in the pics we have seen so far, the device said "Activation Required" which is usually for CDMA networks only.
    05-19-09 08:03 PM
    There have been a few sources who are pretty reputable and have stated that it will be GSM. However the strange thing is in the pics we have seen so far, the device said "Activation Required" which is usually for CDMA networks only.
    Can't it be both?
    05-19-09 08:07 PM
    I would assume it will be Verizons just because Storm 1 was their exclusive in USA and i would assume the Storm 2 would follow.
    05-19-09 08:56 PM
    Can't it be both?
    Of course it can - just like the current Storm. BUT, that screen indicated that it was awaiting activation on a CDMA network, not GSM. It could be like the current Storm which is programmed OOTB for Verizon and CDMA. As to which network it's going to come out on first, that's a mystery.
    05-19-09 09:00 PM
    Can't it be both?
    It is, it also had a SIM card slot in the back for GSM, but also had an MEID number which is for CDMA.
    05-19-09 09:02 PM
    Its headed for Verizon... now will it ONLY be on verizon?? Thats the question??
    05-19-09 09:04 PM
    Wat blackmann said

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 09:20 PM
    I think for the simple fact that Verizon and RIM didn't get the Storm 1 done correctly, I think would imply that Verizon is going to get the Storm 2 and possibly only them. Maybe wishful thinking.

But the iPhone is getting their 3.0 coming soon, as well another iPhone hitting the market soon, Sprint has the Palm Pre. If the Storm 2 is released for another carrier, what does Verizon have to offer exclusively for consumers? Their network will be the only thing they'll have to brag about. And I'm talking strictly mainstream devices we see advertised on TV. AT&T has the iPhone, Sprint will have the Palm Pre, and Verizon will have the Storm 1 (along with its critically rough acceptance), and the Storm 2 which will be also offered on another carrier? I dunno. I know their others devices out there, but the Storm was supposed to be Verizons flag ship phone.
    05-19-09 10:48 PM
    I think for the simple fact that Verizon and RIM didn't get the Storm 1 done correctly, I think would imply that Verizon is going to get the Storm 2 and possibly only them. Maybe wishful thinking.

But the iPhone is getting their 3.0 coming soon, as well another iPhone hitting the market soon, Sprint has the Palm Pre. If the Storm 2 is released for another carrier, what does Verizon have to offer exclusively for consumers? Their network will be the only thing they'll have to brag about. And I'm talking strictly mainstream devices we see advertised on TV. AT&T has the iPhone, Sprint will have the Palm Pre, and Verizon will have the Storm 1 (along with its critically rough acceptance), and the Storm 2 which will be also offered on another carrier? I dunno. I know their others devices out there, but the Storm was supposed to be Verizons flag ship phone.
    Well Radio said that there are no exclusives on revisions
    05-19-09 10:55 PM
    I'm pretty sure it's going to Verizon. Storm sales are still going through the roof so whether you like it or are nto happy with it it's still a success, I'm sure Verizon wants to build on this market that they hit with the Storm.
    05-20-09 07:22 AM
    Well Radio said that there are no exclusives on revisions
    Hmm well then. It is what it is, but I hope that the next OS update is something sweet.
    05-20-09 10:02 AM
    SO what will verizon do? I got a piece in the mail and upgraded a year into my contract from the old curve to the storm in march. I guess i should of waited to November when the 2nd generation would be out for a few months. So if this comes out in June will verizon allow storm users to upgrade at the 2 year price for a contract renewal? The storm came out in November of 08, the first storm one user will only be 7 months in.
    any thoughts
    05-20-09 12:37 PM
    Easy..................
    Logic my friends.
    U can't beat your competition if
    u are playing on the same team.
    It ain't goin to AT&T
    05-21-09 10:09 AM
    this is going to verizon without a doubt.. they need it to come back up after falling on they face wit the first storm!..if anyone has a storm and does not have crackberry.com in they life to help them --God be with those people- hahahahaha!..as for the iphone. thats going to verizon in 2010..It would be about time they launched that i-phone even thou it wll be old news lol, but hey im sure they will get mad business tho!! shoot ill even get one.
    05-21-09 10:28 AM
    I was just talking to a Verizon tech rep about a small issue I have with my storm ( it resets when it feels like it) and she told me that as of right now they weren't getting the Storm 2 but it could change. Said to look out for the Niagra tho, but now I see thats not even being called the Niagra anymore. Who the heck knows?!?!

Oh and I love my storm, so please don't think otherwise
    Last edited by Firedawg654; 05-21-09 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Forgot to note
    05-21-09 10:47 AM
    and she told me that as of right now they weren't getting the Storm 2 but it could change.
    Oh and I love my storm, so please don't think otherwise
    Ok I am gonna read into this; not yet. Not going to be released for a
    while. Can't see it going to AT&T yet.
    05-21-09 11:15 AM
    this is going to verizon without a doubt.. they need it to come back up after falling on they face wit the first storm!..if anyone has a storm and does not have crackberry.com in they life to help them --God be with those people- hahahahaha!..as for the iphone. thats going to verizon in 2010..It would be about time they launched that i-phone even thou it wll be old news lol, but hey im sure they will get mad business tho!! shoot ill even get one.
    ..Actually, Verizon has told Apple they don't need the iPhone...

And AT&T's not letting it go.
    05-21-09 12:20 PM

That's how we know....
    05-21-09 12:30 PM
    ..Actually, Verizon has told Apple they don't need the iPhone...

And AT&T's not letting it go.
    Really? recently? because up till last week it was in the talks as far as i know. oh well, Verizon refused it from the get go right? that sucks cuz thats business there for them
    05-21-09 12:44 PM
    Well it looks like today's Engadget review confirms the Storm 2 as a Verizon device

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 01:23 PM
    It gonna be for Verizon
    Sources say July 4th Sale
    So get your anger ready to call your reps and demand an upgrade 'fo free.
    05-21-09 01:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD