Just wondering if I needed some other app to remove the apps I already have in my Storm or...can I remove them straight from the phone?? And if so...how?? Thanks in advance.
    02-19-09 11:42 PM
    Just wondering if I needed some other app to remove the apps I already have in my Storm or...can I remove them straight from the phone?? And if so...how?? Thanks in advance.
    You can remove the apps straight from the storm. Go to Options> Advanced Options> Applications. Now highlight the app you want to delete, press the BB key and click delete. Just repeat for every app you want to remove.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 12:05 AM
    Ok, I have been wondering this for a while. This looks a good place to ask it. How do I get the facebook and flickr apps off my phone? They don't show up in my DM and I just tried apps under advanced options, and they aren't there either. I have them hidden for now. When I go to select them from the home screen > Applications, I don't get a delete option. Niether one is installed, but I still want them off my phone.
    02-20-09 12:21 AM
    Maybe they don't show up because you have them hidden. Not sure but, give it a try if you haven't already. Otherwise...ask your question in a new post.
    02-20-09 12:27 AM
    Thanks a lot ArmaK...
    02-20-09 12:28 AM
    Ok, I have been wondering this for a while. This looks a good place to ask it. How do I get the facebook and flickr apps off my phone? They don't show up in my DM and I just tried apps under advanced options, and they aren't there either. I have them hidden for now. When I go to select them from the home screen > Applications, I don't get a delete option. Niether one is installed, but I still want them off my phone.
    Those icons are only launchers for downloading the apps OTA. You can see that they aren't installed by going to the app center and looking for these apps. It should say not installed. The launchers can't be removed from the device and just like you did, the best thing to do is hide them.

02-20-09 12:29 AM
    Those icons are only launchers for downloading the apps OTA. You can see that they aren't installed by going to the app center and looking for these apps. It should say not installed. The launchers can't be removed from the device and just like you did, the best thing to do is hide them.

this is correct..the apps are not actually installed on your phone until you select them to be installed. Not a big media networking fan?
    02-20-09 12:33 AM
    this is correct..the apps are not actually installed on your phone until you select them to be installed. Not a big media networking fan?
    I actually have these installed on my storm along with the other pushed apps and have been using these types of programs for years. The only one that I don't have installed is VCast Music which is what I hide.

02-20-09 01:25 AM
    Thanks for the info.

02-20-09 03:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD