ok i wanted a storm since i first heard of it and when it came out i was a bit worried about one thing will the screen scratch? i had the LG voyager and after about 2 weeks it was full of scratches and the chrome was chipping off and ill admit im hard on phones so i dont blame the voyager but last month i bought a storm and all i can say is wow! this thing is scratch proof it has with held being in my pocket with a bunch of random crap tossed around in my truck (in the cab and in the bed) and dropped in sand and not a single scratch anywere not even on the black plastic so im just wondering what are people doing that they scratch there screens and dont say sand cuz i live in NW indiana and im like 5 minutes from lake Michigan and theres sand everywere around here
    03-25-09 12:02 AM
    ok i wanted a storm since i first heard of it and when it came out i was a bit worried about one thing will the screen scratch? i had the LG voyager and after about 2 weeks it was full of scratches and the chrome was chipping off and ill admit im hard on phones so i dont blame the voyager but last month i bought a storm and all i can say is wow! this thing is scratch proof it has with held being in my pocket with a bunch of random crap tossed around in my truck (in the cab and in the bed) and dropped in sand and not a single scratch anywere not even on the black plastic so im just wondering what are people doing that they scratch there screens and dont say sand cuz i live in NW indiana and im like 5 minutes from lake Michigan and theres sand everywere around here
    The screen is near impossible to scratch... that's why I LOL at all the people wasting their money on "screen protectors".... RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT........
    03-25-09 12:16 AM
    Actually, when you first pull it out of the box, there should be a edge rounded sticker on the screen telling you to activate it from your service provider. If you carefully peel that one off, there will be a clear screen protector, fully covering the screen. I've had mine since day one and it actually adds quite a bit of comfort to the phone, security wise and physically - my fingers glide a lot smoother as oppose to the glass screen (I've tried both because this is my second storm. I peeled the protector off on the first one).

So, I would not worry about a thing if I were you. The screen is nearly made of diamond.
    03-25-09 03:04 AM
    Actually, when you first pull it out of the box, there should be a edge rounded sticker on the screen telling you to activate it from your service provider. If you carefully peel that one off, there will be a clear screen protector, fully covering the screen. I've had mine since day one and it actually adds quite a bit of comfort to the phone, security wise and physically - my fingers glide a lot smoother as oppose to the glass screen (I've tried both because this is my second storm. I peeled the protector off on the first one).

So, I would not worry about a thing if I were you. The screen is nearly made of diamond.
    I run mine w/o a screen protector, since the screen is glass and very hard to scratch. The only drawback is that it's a fingerprint magnet, whereas the protectors seem to repel them.

Used the invisible shield for about a week or so on the screen, but it was not pretty (it has a texture that resembles orange peel), so I removed it, and just kept it on the back (which is nice because it has grip), and the top and bottom plastic edges.
    03-25-09 09:01 AM
    I thought the same thing. Now I have a few scratches on my screen. Not sure how they got there. That screen was also filled with dust.
    03-25-09 09:40 AM
    5 bucks will get you a pack of screen protectors. You cant even tell its there, And if you get a scratch on it you replace it... I don't see any reason why you wouldn't have one.
    03-25-09 09:45 AM
    Mine got scratched about a month ago.I tossed it in my front pants pocket and forgot that my keys were in there and later discovered that they had placed a tiny scratch on the screen........oh well.
    03-25-09 09:53 AM
    5 bucks will get you a pack of screen protectors. You cant even tell its there, And if you get a scratch on it you replace it... I don't see any reason why you wouldn't have one.
    Because the screen CAN'T be scratched.
    03-25-09 09:55 AM
    Mine got scratched about a month ago.I tossed it in my front pants pocket and forgot that my keys were in there and later discovered that they had placed a tiny scratch on the screen........oh well.
    Maybe I've got great luck, but my phone is getting banged around with my keys all the time and it's still pristine. Those screen protectors are just a gimmick and serve no purpose unless you can get ones that reduces the finger smudge.
    03-25-09 10:01 AM
    false...

tell yourself this if you wish, but when you want to try to replace just your screen (instead of just a screen protector) don't whine when you realize that isn't an option and you either deal with your scratch, or replace the entire phone

funfun
    03-25-09 10:09 AM
    I make it a point to keep my keys and phone in different pockets, specifically to avoid scratching. I'm still wearing an overcoat due to the cold, so I go cigs and keys in one pocket, wallet and phone in the other.

I did order a screen protector the other day though, waiting for it to come. Have the Seidio Innocase II as well.
    03-25-09 10:15 AM

Really...try dropping it on pavement once and see what happens.
    03-25-09 10:28 AM
    for the most part, its hard to scratch the screen, but they DO scratch. I filed a insurance claim in the past becuase I scratched the **** out of my screen at work when my phone came in contact with Sand. The sand acted like sand paper and scratched the **** out of the glass. Remember, glass is made from sand, so sand will scratch it like butter.
    since then, I have always put on Invisable sheild on my screen.
    03-25-09 10:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD