I've got my gmail account set up on my Storm. However, whenever I send an email, I get an mail in my gmail box with the same message. I had already selected the option to "Hide Sent Messages" but this does not seem to solve the problem. Tried looking for options online at the BB Mail Service site as well. Anyone know how to stop copies of my sent messages from hitting my inbox? Wasted a lot of time having to delete.

Thanks
    01-07-09 12:12 PM
    01-07-09 12:13 PM
    I do believe the only problem with this is that if you actually do want to send yourself an email, the phone will filter it unless you make a special subject line that bypasses the filter, or something to that effect.

In any event, this feature is completely useless and ought to be removed on the next OS fix. There isn't any reason that I should have to install a filter as a workaround so that I don't receive every email I send out. That's what the "Sent" box is for, RIM !!!
    01-07-09 12:18 PM
    then you can send an email to your @blackberrry address. no big deal.

that is what i do and then save that email if needed.

i agree that feature should be removed!
    01-07-09 12:19 PM
    then you can send an email to your @blackberrry address. no big deal.

that is what i do and then save that email if needed.

i agree that feature should be removed!
    Sure, of course. I could make a new Yahoo or MSN or Hotmail address and do the same thing. But I don't want to. I only want to send myself emails to my primary address, not some other random address, and GMAIL is my primary address. Not my Blackberry address.

Also... sending emails to myself on GMAIL allows them to appear both on the BB as well as on my PC.
    01-07-09 12:21 PM
    All - Thanks for the help on this. But I agree, having to create a filter and then having to have a workaround if I should ever want to send emails to myself is ridiculous
    01-07-09 12:30 PM
    When u want to send yourself a copy then add yourself in the email as a recipient.

And what workaround are you speaking of that's so difficult? Just uncheck the box in BIS site and your done.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 01:24 PM
    That's what the "Sent" box is for, RIM !!!
    This issue is caused by Gmail, not RIM. It is because of the way Gmail handles their mailboxes.
    01-07-09 01:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD