I recently starting getting a call from .......... 10 times a day and no one says anything on the other end. How can I stop this?
    Last edited by JeffH; 07-04-10 at 04:36 PM. Reason: deleted number
    07-01-10 12:28 PM
    Your carrier is required to pass all calls through. Learn to click ignore.
    07-01-10 12:53 PM
    the problem is they call a lot.
    07-01-10 01:13 PM
    The carrier should be able to block a number if you request them to.
    07-01-10 01:23 PM
    I know smrtguard has a feature to block numbers. I haven't had a need to use it yet so I don't know how well it works.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-10 02:03 PM
    "Call Blocker Professional"
    I use it, it works. You can ignore and send a text, etc...
    07-01-10 03:02 PM
    If you have Verizon (assuming you do with a Storm), sign into your account online. Look at top of screen for My Services. When you highlight it you should see Spam Controls. Click on it and you can block 5 numbers for Call & Message Blocking and 5 for Internet Spam Blocking. Just learned how to do this the other day!

07-01-10 03:27 PM
    I recently starting getting a call from 8880006677 10 times a day and no one says anything on the other end. How can I stop this?
    Your profile shows you are on Verizon.
    Log into the Manage Your Account on the Verizon website. Click the Safeguards tab and then the Call & Message Blocking tab. Enter the offending phone number there. You can block up to 5 numbers, resubmitting them every 90 days. The links there offer a premium upgrade for blocking, but it is not available for smart phone accounts.
    07-01-10 03:32 PM
    If you have Verizon (assuming you do with a Storm), sign into your account online. Look at top of screen for My Services. When you highlight it you should see Spam Controls. Click on it and you can block 5 numbers for Call & Message Blocking and 5 for Internet Spam Blocking. Just learned how to do this the other day!

I was going to suggest this as well. The block is only temporary, though (unless you pay extra, I believe), but comes in very handy.
    07-01-10 03:42 PM
    When I have a persistant p.i.t.a. caller, I just put them in my contacts and assign them a 'silent' ring tone. I never know they are calling, and eventually they give up when they don't get a response.
    07-01-10 08:42 PM
    I use CallsBlocker. NO more unwanted calls! You can block individual numbers or any number from specific area codes! It blocks all telemarketing calls from 800, 888, etc area codes, as well as private, unknown, or withheld numbers if you wish.
    07-01-10 09:12 PM
    Smrtguard and call blocker pro, highly recommend. Smrtguard is free and call blocker pro isn't.
    07-01-10 09:22 PM
    When I have a persistant p.i.t.a. caller, I just put them in my contacts and assign them a 'silent' ring tone. I never know they are calling, and eventually they give up when they don't get a response.
    this is a great idea!
    07-03-10 06:50 PM
    Your profile shows you are on Verizon.
    Log into the Manage Your Account on the Verizon website. Click the Safeguards tab and then the Call & Message Blocking tab. Enter the offending phone number there. You can block up to 5 numbers, resubmitting them every 90 days. The links there offer a premium upgrade for blocking, but it is not available for smart phone accounts.
    Your #1 bet. Works very well.
    07-04-10 03:40 PM
    I call them back and try to sell them vinyl siding. Works great
    07-05-10 11:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD