I love having my storm give me notifications through out the day, however at night I don't want to get all the notifications of e-mail, SMS, PIN messaging, etc. I want to get phone calls as I need to be on call some times and thus don't want to shut off it completely.

I know that you can change the sounds, however I often forget and what happens is that I get waken up from a deep sleep by an e-mail that can wait until morning.

Are there any settings that I can change to have the sounds change at a certain time of the day or on certain days? Any 3rd party apps that will do this?

Thanks
    Steve
    05-15-09 04:56 PM
    There is a profile called "Phone Only" I use this, along with Bedside mode (set to turn of LED) when I am on call.
    05-15-09 04:58 PM
    There is a profile called "Phone Only" I use this, along with Bedside mode (set to turn of LED) when I am on call.
    Yeah, I use this as well, however I often forget to change it to the phone only profile. So in the middle of the night I get an e-mail and then the notification goes off. Is there a way to have it change to this profile at a certain time of the day say at 10:00pm every day and then back to the normal profile at 8:00am?

Steve
    05-15-09 05:39 PM
    A third party app called "Profiler" does a great job of this.
    05-15-09 05:43 PM
    A third party app called "Profiler" does a great job of this.
    Yes, Profiler

I was typing this same thing, and then poof, someone with faster hands than mine throws in a post.
    05-15-09 05:45 PM
    Thanks for the recommendation.

It looks like this will not change the profile if the BB is locked and that there is a storm version.

What happens if your storm is locked?
    Did you contact the company for a storm specific app?

Thanks again for the recommendation.

Steve
    05-15-09 06:20 PM
    Yeah, I use this as well, however I often forget to change it to the phone only profile. So in the middle of the night I get an e-mail and then the notification goes off. Is there a way to have it change to this profile at a certain time of the day say at 10:00pm every day and then back to the normal profile at 8:00am?

Steve
    This is what I do every night. You have to make it part of your routine, like brushing your teeth. I only forgot once, and after the notification went off and woke me up, I have remembered eversince.

Good luck finding an app that works.
    05-15-09 08:52 PM
    I don't use bedside mode but I thought that's what it did. But one easy way cheap way is just to set it yourself.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-09 08:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD