I have a Storm that I bought at the beginning of December; my first Blackberry. It runs soo slow! What do I do to make it faster? I've never done a download on it before. I've been reading about the unofficial ".109"; is that the thing to download, if so, how do I access it? Will I lose any features or will it screw anything up?

Thanks!
    03-03-09 02:45 PM
    Search is your friend. There are so many threads on this. Feel free to visit how to/tips & tricks section too. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 02:47 PM
    There have been a variety of performance improvements that have been rolled out (unofficially, mind you) with the leaked OS'es that are available. There are a ton of posts in here that walk you through upgrading your OS, tweaking your settings to improve performance, etc.

With a little time spent reading, you can improve your experience significantly.

Good luck.
    03-03-09 04:50 PM
    I have a Storm that I bought at the beginning of December; my first Blackberry. It runs soo slow! What do I do to make it faster? I've never done a download on it before. I've been reading about the unofficial ".109"; is that the thing to download, if so, how do I access it? Will I lose any features or will it screw anything up?

Thanks!

There are a couple things you can do. A big thing most people do is back out of applications instead of closing them down. If you just hit the back arrow key most things stay running in the backround. Get in the habit of hitting the blackberry button and then clicking on close. If you think you forgot to do this, you can hit your blackberry button twice from the main screen, then select switch application. On my phone Messages, Phone, Home, BB Messenger, and Browser are always running, I close everything else out.

Also, doing a battery pull a day keeps the lag away. Honestly, it resets the phone and gets it running smooth again. If you feel your phone is slowing down, pull the battery and leave it off for 30 seconds, then put it back in.

Upgrading to .109 is very easy. First backup your phone in Desktop Manager then close out of it. Download the upgrade, run the program making sure Desktop Manager is closed. Once it has finished it will say it is complete and there will be a check box for open Desktop Manager, click the box and DM will open. When it opens it should check for updates and find the new one. From there it is just clicking next and so on till it starts updating. There is a write up on it Stickied in this same sub forum. It has pictures and everything and should help you out.

There are some good write ups in the Tips and Tricks section that will help you out both with optimizing your phone and things you might not know about it. Read it all up, knowledge is power.

Hope that helps, good luck................
    03-03-09 05:04 PM
    There are a couple things you can do. A big thing most people do is back out of applications instead of closing them down. If you just hit the back arrow key most things stay running in the backround. Get in the habit of hitting the blackberry button and then clicking on close. If you think you forgot to do this, you can hit your blackberry button twice from the main screen, then select switch application. On my phone Messages, Phone, Home, BB Messenger, and Browser are always running, I close everything else out.

Also, doing a battery pull a day keeps the lag away. Honestly, it resets the phone and gets it running smooth again. If you feel your phone is slowing down, pull the battery and leave it off for 30 seconds, then put it back in.

Upgrading to .109 is very easy. First backup your phone in Desktop Manager then close out of it. Download the upgrade, run the program making sure Desktop Manager is closed. Once it has finished it will say it is complete and there will be a check box for open Desktop Manager, click the box and DM will open. When it opens it should check for updates and find the new one. From there it is just clicking next and so on till it starts updating. There is a write up on it Stickied in this same sub forum. It has pictures and everything and should help you out.

There are some good write ups in the Tips and Tricks section that will help you out both with optimizing your phone and things you might not know about it. Read it all up, knowledge is power.

Hope that helps, good luck................
    Great answer. You have a lot more time than me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 07:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD