I donwloaded some games, apps, themes that are .jar or .jad files
    and can't load them into the Storm with Desktop Manager, AppLoader or CrackUtil.

Is the only way to load these types of files OTA (over the air)?
    or they can be converted to .alx or .cod?
    Last edited by silent818; 03-06-09 at 02:30 AM.
    03-06-09 01:08 AM
    [QUOTE=silent818;1870618]I donwloaded some games, apps, themes that are .jar or .jad files and can't load them into the Storm with Desktop Manager or AppLoader.
    Is the only way to load these types of file OTA?
    or they can be converted to .alx or .cod?[/QUOT

.jad files are over the air...just email them to yourself and click on the link

.jar maybe the same way, never used it before
    03-06-09 01:15 AM
    [QUOTE=ThaqAtaq313;1870640]
    I donwloaded some games, apps, themes that are .jar or .jad files and can't load them into the Storm with Desktop Manager or AppLoader.
    Is the only way to load these types of file OTA?
    or they can be converted to .alx or .cod?[/QUOT

.jad files are over the air...just email them to yourself and click on the link

.jar maybe the same way, never used it before
    I know they can be downloaded over the air (OTA)
    but I dont have a data plan right now so I am looking for other ways.

another way I can do is since I have an unlocked Storm maybe I can use someone elses SIM card to download them and switch back to mine.
    03-06-09 02:05 AM
    [QUOTE=silent818;1870855]

I know they can be downloaded over the air (OTA)
    but I dont have a data plan right now so I am looking for other ways.

another way I can do is since I have an unlocked Storm maybe I can use someone elses SIM card to download them and switch back to mine.
    just install them from your bb, send the files to your blackberry, or the media card, then browse to those files, then open them, it will sayy that they will need to be downloaded, and need some permissions, just continue, and download them, (i think it is imaginary download, i mean u dont need a data plan, so u can try)

anyway some jad files worked with me, some others didn't, so good luck
    03-06-09 04:01 AM
    huh interesting
    so just copy the files to the sd card?
    any paticular folder? or it doesnt matter which one

And how would I browse to the file from the phone?
    03-06-09 04:06 AM
    Eng.Soly thanks for the advise. it worked

but I can only install .jar files (which is ok since I have the same app in both formats)
    Last edited by silent818; 03-06-09 at 05:31 AM.
    03-06-09 05:28 AM
    Well I cant get any to work, just keep getting 907 Invalid COD File not found !!!
    03-06-09 06:08 AM
    Well I cant get any to work, just keep getting 907 Invalid COD File not found !!!
    I tried .cod .alx .jad
    only .jar works
    03-06-09 06:11 AM
    Eng.Soly thanks for the advise. it worked

but I can only install .jar files (which is ok since I have the same app in both formats)
    well, the jar and jad filse suppose to be togther, but onlye the jad works sometimes, and as i said, u never know which one will work, and u r lucky

well, there is a way, to convert any program from jad/jar to alx/cod, but i didn't study that yet
    03-07-09 04:27 AM
    well, then most likely, it won't,
    so far i cant find the reason why it can or cannt work,
    but anyway, try to send it to your self as an attachment with an email, or alse you can try to host it to a site, and download it from there, well there is a small hope that it could work from there

well if u really need that program so bad, as i do lol there is a way to transfer the jar/jad to alx/cod, google it, and good luck, but i'm not sure if it really works or not
    03-07-09 04:31 AM
    I love how people answer questions thinking they know the answer, and they have no clue. Want you .jar on your storm? Use the USB cable to your comp. Enable mass storage. Select open E: to view files. minimize. Select the .jar you want to go to your phone. Copy file to: Device Memory, Home, User, Settings, Highlight "Media" Hit OK. Unplug phone from comp. On your Storm click Media, options, explore. Device Memory, Home, User, Settings, Media. Click on xxxxxxx.Jar to Download
    04-25-09 04:46 PM
    i recently downloaded .191 and the bbm5.0 obviously doesn't work, but my app loader is acting up and wont let me touch bbm4.7,

is there anyway that someone can send me a working ota link for bbm4.7 or a link to a website that has it?

I'd be very appreciative of this deed.

if it makes it easier, my e-mail is [email protected]

thank you in advance,

p.s. - I was given a .jad file by an someone but everytime i go to load it it states, upload failed, beacuae of improper .cod files..?

any help would be amazing

thanks
    08-31-09 01:41 PM
    Go to the link on your BB browser to download the .JAR files. Or what you could do is get the link where the .jar files is and email that link to yourself (please send the link to the address that you receive on your BB) and then just click on the link to download onto your BB.
    08-31-09 01:48 PM
    I think you need both the jar and cod files. When I created my own personal theme, the program produced a .jar file and 2 cod files (.cod01 and .cod02 -- something like that). I think those .cod files are library files, kinda like .cab for windows. All the .jar and .cod files need to be in the same directory for you to load the .jar file. At least, this is how it was for me when loading my own custom theme.
    08-31-09 05:57 PM
    Silent must have downloaded some paid-for apps for free that someone posted on the internet.
    08-31-09 08:52 PM
    I would like to know the answer to this one as well.
    Are you getting the 907 error when your attempting to install it?
    09-07-09 02:18 AM
    Use this program called Blackberry OTA downloader, paste the OTA link and save as alx, then install thru desktop manager...easy
    06-08-10 01:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD