found a post on CL where a guy is selling his storm 2 for $360.. I've been trying to look for an unlocked one to use for tmo, and notice how much they go for..

I was thinkin I can make some extra cash by selling it on ebay... but i have VERY little knowledge about verizon phones and esn.. how do I check it? I asked him if its cleaned and if we could go to the store to verify... he replied.. hes there right now as he works there.. hahah

suggestions?
    10-31-09 12:33 PM
    Get the ESN from him and call VZW yourself to inquire.
    10-31-09 12:35 PM
    Get the ESN from him and call VZW yourself to inquire.
    thanks for the quick reply... and sorry for the silly tittle.. no other way around it? I hate calling and waiting.. no way to check it online? Id go to the store to meet him and probably will call to check I guess.

Suggestions on if I should go after the offer? Or stay away? TIA.
    10-31-09 12:41 PM
    Is the device new or used? Definitely call VZW and make sure the ESN is clear and it probably wouldn't hurt to make sure the PIN is a good one by calling RIM.
    10-31-09 12:48 PM
    new in box... he said he got it from the company and since he has a tour, he doesnt need the storm 2.. but what is fishy is that I asked him if the phone could be unlocked for tmo..he said yes it could..you just have to get it unlocked....i would expect an employee to know that you can use tmo gsm on a verizon cdma..
    10-31-09 12:55 PM
    he was right when he said you'd have to get it unlocked in order to use a tmobile sim card.
    10-31-09 12:58 PM
    he was right when he said you'd have to get it unlocked in order to use a tmobile sim card.
    oh really? Ive been misinformed...so if I get it unlocked, I'd be able to use it for Tmo? I thought you had to get a vodafone brand to be able to use it for tmo...

Sorry I know very little about verizon phones.. and I appreciate every help. I have a defective Bold and in need of a phone.. been wanting a storm since the storm 1...
    10-31-09 01:01 PM
    You can use the 9550 on the edge network but not 3g. If you got a 9520 (vodafone) then it would be 3g capable instead of being limited to edge

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-09 01:14 PM
    I'm not sure you'd get 3G on the 9520 either. Don't US GSM carriers use different 3G frequencies?
    10-31-09 01:20 PM
    Well if you get a rogers or bell 9520 it shoulr work on NA 3g freqs. I'm not 100% but that's what I think

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-09 01:26 PM
    honestly, coming from tmo, ive never used 3g before so I wouldnt feel the need to..If i was using 3g all along and go back to edge...then thats a NO...

yes TMO use a different 3G frequency...
    10-31-09 01:27 PM
    I'm not sure you'd get 3G on the 9520 either. Don't US GSM carriers use different 3G frequencies?
    yes they are different.
    10-31-09 01:28 PM
    You should actually meet him at a Verizon store. Asking him for the ESN isn't very helpful since you would have no way of knowing if it's the correct ESN for that particular phone until you actually get the phone and then it may be too late to do anything about it.
    10-31-09 01:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD