I just got a good deal on a Storm 2 and have unlocked it. However, my network shows EDGE all the time. How can I get it to use the 3G network like my Bold does? Thanks!
    02-20-11 08:03 PM
    You cannot. An unlocked Storm 2 is only capable of EDGE (2G) on North American GSM networks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-11 08:06 PM
    Well I guess I should have done more research Google Maps works very poorly on 2G. Time to trade back with the wife!
    02-20-11 08:08 PM
    Another question... Since I unlocked the phone, will it toggle between ATT and Verizon? I think I will just put it back on craigslist. 2G is a nightmare.

02-20-11 09:23 PM
    It should not toggle back with verizon if your connected to att and its been properly connected to their network. I would sell it if I were you. EDGE is slooooow..
    02-24-11 11:44 AM
    Another question... Since I unlocked the phone, will it toggle between ATT and Verizon? I think I will just put it back on craigslist. 2G is a nightmare.

Yes, the phone can and will work just fine on Verizon, and any other GSM carrier. As for having an active BIS account on Att and Verizon at the same time, that probably won't work.

You could very easily have a pre-paid SIM in the phone (or any active SIM without BlackBerry data) and an active Verizon account though. Going to Manage Connections and changing the network technology back and forth between 1XEV and GSM/UMTS will switch.

Not exactly sure what you were asking, but I hope that I answered it...
    02-24-11 11:55 AM
    I am running a 9550 on AT&T and it switched me over to verison network twice because I hadn't switched it to GSM only. If you have a verison phone number registered and on the Storm 2 and a sim card it will switch back and forth to the strongest network, mine does. It has a section that comes up and asks you that very question if you want it to switch back and forth or not.
    02-26-11 01:43 PM
    But no 3G, on AT&T only EDGE. The EDGE should be in captital letters. No web browsing unless you are at wifi hotspots. Other than that it is a cool phone to play with. I have my BB9000, Nexus One, BB8900, and the wife rocks her Torch. Just wait til the new BB's come out, then we will have fun. BB's are really forever.
    02-26-11 01:53 PM
    Storm 2 and AT&T. I cant connect to my wi-fi at home? it let me add it but then when I go to use the internet it says "connection not available" please help
    02-26-11 06:12 PM
    I am running a 9550 on AT&T and it switched me over to verison network twice because I hadn't switched it to GSM only. If you have a verison phone number registered and on the Storm 2 and a sim card it will switch back and forth to the strongest network, mine does. It has a section that comes up and asks you that very question if you want it to switch back and forth or not.
    Its VERIZON.....Z NOT S

02-26-11 09:39 PM
    I asked about this a while back (the frequent switching between networks) and I though someone told me the service books would have to be messed with each time. It sounded like a pain so I skipped it. Maybe this was not the case?

02-27-11 06:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD