I have a quick question about seeing other language on my new storm, specificly Thai.
    Since I got the phone, I've been trying to find a way to view Thai font on my phone or type Thai font but I do not know where to find it. Majority of websites i visit are Thai and most of my music are Thai so instead of me seeing a bunch of random letters that doesn't make sense, is there a way so that i can see the proper Thai font ?

Thank you in advance,
    Art
    11-26-08 01:13 PM
    just go to options advanced options , then languages and change it to thai
    11-26-08 01:15 PM
    ....assuming the language is installed. You may have to first connect to pc open desktop manager. Application loader>add/remove apps. Find the needed language check it's box to install.
    11-26-08 01:18 PM
    Where do I download Thai language? After I went to the Application loader, I dont see any language at all, I assume that I have to download it first. Any idea on where to get it?
    11-26-08 03:10 PM
    so i try downloading again... it doesn't work. i only see 2 programs when i go into add/remove app. windowlive messenger and visual voicemail... still no go, still need help please.
    11-26-08 07:14 PM
    so no one out there can help me? the language that i was able to pick is chinese, japanese, and korean but no thai. i know for a certain that this can be done but every instruction that i found so far doesnt work. i found this website drzahwa.com/default.aspx buti have to pay 10$ for it and the website doesn't look trust worthy. Has anyone tried this? please let me know. thanks.
    11-27-08 11:10 AM
    so no one out there can help me? the language that i was able to pick is chinese, japanese, and korean but no thai. i know for a certain that this can be done but every instruction that i found so far doesnt work. i found this website drzahwa.com/default.aspx buti have to pay 10$ for it and the website doesn't look trust worthy. Has anyone tried this? please let me know. thanks.
    I think I am in the same boat with you with Greek. We have to wait until a Storm somewhere in the world is released with the desired language and then follow the instructions from:
    forums.crackberry.com/f2/hebrew-blackberry-59686

to copy the language files to our Storm.
    11-27-08 11:23 AM
    this sucks cause i know for sure that the bold supports it
    11-27-08 12:56 PM
    ok. so i just got off the phone with RIM. they said that there is a program available BUT It's up to the service provider if they want to release it or not. So what they're saying is that... RIM make the program and language in Thai but... unless there's demand for the language, Verizon wont release it... so by this point, i dont think verizon will release it cause im sure that there's not enough demand for Thai. Imma try to email Verizon to see what they say....
    11-27-08 01:17 PM
    ok, maybe instead of installing a program that changes everything to Thai. how do you install say, a thai font?
    11-27-08 01:33 PM
    Wow omg you was actually able to find korean ?
    Do you know where you found it, and if possible, could you point me to where you found it ? I really want to have korean on my storm, kinda driving me crazy. Its a shame about the thai though =/ HOwever if i do see it, i will tell you =]
    11-27-08 01:33 PM
    well, there is no thai support period. Right now, i dont want the menu to change to Thai, I just want to be able to read Thai like on my music and stuff.
    11-27-08 01:43 PM
    As far as Korean goes, it should be part of the language support in the desktop manager 4.7 when go to add app, there should be korean in there
    11-27-08 01:44 PM
    I think I am in the same boat with you with Greek. We have to wait until a Storm somewhere in the world is released with the desired language and then follow the instructions from:
    forums.crackberry.com/f2/hebrew-blackberry-59686

to copy the language files to our Storm.
    Can any Vodafone UK Storm user tell us which languages can be installed from their software?

I'm looking for Hebrew, and there are requests for Thai, Greek and Korean in this thread. Any UK user might be able to help with the language files if they have it in their software package.
    11-27-08 02:49 PM
    i seriously hope verizon releasing something soon... it sucks knowing that iphone or bold on ATT can do Thai out of the box.... /sigh
    11-27-08 08:26 PM
    I spoke to verizon today, and they say it's true that they do get the language pack for hebrew (and perhaps other languages) from RIM, but they don't have the "logistics" yet to implement it. Whatever. I hope it will be in the next OS release.
    11-28-08 11:35 AM
    one can only hope...
    I'm still hoping there's someone out there who can help us out... but then again, the device just released a week or so ago... can't imagine anyone would some how find a way to do it already
    11-28-08 02:08 PM
    WOW, thanks buddy. check this out Arabic Support For Bb Storm - Vodafone eForum
    12-24-08 10:22 AM
    well now tht it's mention.. hoping there's a indonesian language for my dad using blackberry...he's currently doing ok with his chinese font..but i have a hard problem trying to fix his blackberry problems in chinese...better hope in indo =p at least both of us can understand
    01-27-09 10:16 AM
    Hi, this is my first post ever in a forum,
    I have another problem: My storm has only english language installed. I downloaded the latest desktop manager (4.7 Multilanguage with media player) but still nothing, when I open the install applications, the only applications I see are the ones that are already on my device an anything else.
    There will be a way to have Italian as a second language on my storm, any ideas? thank you very much
    01-27-09 10:03 PM
    press the SAP button
    01-27-09 11:16 PM
    As far as Korean goes, it should be part of the language support in the desktop manager 4.7 when go to add app, there should be korean in there

I don't see Korean at all.
    01-28-09 12:13 AM
    Try this shop if you're in Thailand. Hope I'm not too late.
    mydrmobile.com
    04-12-09 02:17 AM
    hi thaiberry...i'm a uk-based storm user which's originally from thailand as well...

as far as i'm concerned, there's a few instructions on how to add hebrew to the storm earlier on this cb forum (forums.crackberry.com/f132/adding-arabic-storm-9530-os-4-7-0-103-a-157866/) before it's become officially supported now (?)

according to ur first few posts in this thread, i'm just wondering if u, ever before, hav followed the instruction in link given above and try to extract the thai language files from other bb model's firmware (right now i know that there's curve and bold which r using similar platform that support thai lang - curve 8900 latest firmware with thai support can be found here: forums.crackberry.com/f100/newest-8900-os-v4-6-1-231-eastasia-228798/)...i dun hav a gut to try it myself coz i dun wanna screw up my already-screwed storm -_-'' pls let me know if that's been done so already and wot's the outcome...kob khun kub!

----

vf uk firmware has come with only major european language like dutch,deutsch,english, etc but as for kor,jap,chn...u can find the release for these stuff since the .122 one for storm 9500.
    05-21-09 11:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD