Hey there

On my Storm 1, I could just go to my SMS screen, hit menu, then go to 'Compose SMS Text' and enter in any number I wanted to send a text to.

On my storm 2, when I try the same, it always asks me to pick someone from my phonebook and I do not have the ability to just enter in a number.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.
    08-28-10 12:11 AM
    Um, just start typing or choose use once. Should be at the top if your contact list comes up.
    Last edited by bighap; 08-28-10 at 12:18 AM.
    08-28-10 12:15 AM
    Hey there

On my Storm 1, I could just go to my SMS screen, hit menu, then go to 'Compose SMS Text' and enter in any number I wanted to send a text to.

On my storm 2, when I try the same, it always asks me to pick someone from my phonebook and I do not have the ability to just enter in a number.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.
    So your screen does not look like this when you select compose?? Just type the number you want to send it to and hit enter. It does not have to be in your contacts

Last edited by hydroz_23; 08-28-10 at 12:18 AM.
    08-28-10 12:16 AM
    It totally looks like that, but then when I start entering a phone number that isn't in my phonebook, it just highlights the closest number it can find in the contacts to the one i entered...
    08-28-10 12:20 AM
    It totally looks like that, but then when I start entering a phone number that isn't in my phonebook, it just highlights the closest number it can find in the contacts to the one i entered...
    If you type the whole phone number, it should be listed there. Hmmm weird
    08-28-10 12:24 AM
    I just tried and it does nothing like this. It let's me type a number and send it to that number. Strange.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-10 01:19 AM
    Just started working... so I guess the problem is fixed. Strange.

Thanks to all.
    08-28-10 02:27 AM
    Switch to portrait. There is a dropdown list with "Phone: the number" as the top choice with the actual number

Or you should be able to scroll the list on landscape even if you can only see 1 entry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-10 02:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD