I want to wipe out my memory, but I want to keep my contacts, pics, vids, and a few apps. How do I back up only certain things. I'm on a 9530.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-10 01:21 AM
    Use yer DM and back it up like you normally would. When you restore the phone do iT under the advance settings and choose what you want to restore. As for the apps you might have to re download those.

06-17-10 03:30 AM
    Why are you wanting to do this? To increase app memory?

Try the Security Wipe. Works great.
    06-17-10 11:29 AM
    I want to wipe out my memory, but I want to keep my contacts, pics, vids, and a few apps. How do I back up only certain things. I'm on a 9530.

Security wipe can do this for you. Delete whatever apps you dont want: menu-applications-third party apps- select and delete.

Your photos and videos etc should be stored on your media card, so wiping wont get rid of them unless you stored them on the device.

Back up data with desktop manager. disconnect from pc. on phone hit menu button, security, security wipe, select only the FIRST option, leave other two unchecked. Wipe. Reconnnect to PC and reload with advanced option just the files you want like someone said above...
    06-17-10 11:39 AM
    The first option says I won't be able to email anymore us that true

06-17-10 02:38 PM
    All that means is you are about to wipe out all of your contacts etc...dont worry about it. Just make sure you backed up all of your data using Desktop manager BEFORE you wipe. They will all come back when you restore.
    06-17-10 02:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD