hey everyone i've been on the forums for about a week now and i've had the storm since monday.. i love it and haven't needed to do the click fix yet but i'm keeping my eye on it

anyway i'm making sure i stay on top of the free space "leakage" problem and i see everyone talking about battery pulls, is this an app or simply pulling the battery out

after doing this i also see people posting they phones free space and other useful information, i'm wondering if someone could explain this to me or if there is already a thread on this, if someone could post me a link. i've been searching all day for it and i havn't found anything useful on it

thanks
    brew
    01-11-09 05:10 PM
    Simply pulling Battery for a few seconds and putting it back.
    01-11-09 05:11 PM
    Yes, take the cover off, pull the battery for 30 seconds, and then stick it back in.
    01-11-09 05:13 PM
    You could just pull the battery and sometimes you MUST when the BB crashes, BUT for memory management sake you can get either Softreset (which I use) or Quickpull. You can find both in the 3rd Party Apps Sub Forum, in the OTA Apps thread.
    01-11-09 05:13 PM
    There's also an app you can load called Quick Pull I believe. It's in the CB store for free
    01-11-09 05:14 PM
    thanks guys, this is my first blackberry so i didn't want to do something to it that would hurt the hardware..

this site has become my new fav stomping ground.. this place is most definitely crack

brew
    01-11-09 05:18 PM
    thanks guys, this is my first blackberry so i didn't want to do something to it that would hurt the hardware..

this site has become my new fav stomping ground.. this place is most definitely crack

brew
    Welcome to THE best blackberry info site, besides the excellent blogs (the front page articles) we have a GREAT forum.
    01-11-09 05:28 PM
    Another plug for the "Quick Pull" app. It's a must have. Navigate over to the "Storm 3rd Party Apps" sub-forum and go into the "Blackeberry Storm OTA Apps Thread" sticky. Using your Storm download Quick Pull!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by GADGET-GEEK; 01-11-09 at 07:08 PM.
    01-11-09 07:05 PM
    If you continue to physically pull the battery to stabilize your Storm, be sure the phone is 'on' as you pull battery.
    01-11-09 07:17 PM
    Default how to do a battery pull?
    hey everyone i've been on the forums for about a week now and i've had the storm since monday.. i love it and haven't needed to do the click fix yet but i'm keeping my eye on it

anyway i'm making sure i stay on top of the free space "leakage" problem and i see everyone talking about battery pulls, is this an app or simply pulling the battery out

after doing this i also see people posting they phones free space and other useful information, i'm wondering if someone could explain this to me or if there is already a thread on this, if someone could post me a link. i've been searching all day for it and i havn't found anything useful on it
    I don't think the second part of your question got answered about "phones free space." Go to options>memory and it will show you your phones available memory at the bottom of the screen. It will probably be between 20 and 40 meg depending on how many apps are running, how many apps you have deleted, and how long since your last battery pull. If it's gets a good bit below 20 meg, your phone will often start running slow. That's a great time to do a battery pull. There is also a thread on here about using the phones Memory Cleaning app to keep your memory freed up (http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/any...ng-app-133291/) that you might want to check out.

Grey
    01-11-09 07:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD