I just can't get the event log to display on 591.I used to use the key board codes before but now the code doesn't work can anyone please help me with this issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-10 11:04 AM
    Is that the same event log which can be viewed with BBSAK ?
    05-22-10 11:10 AM
    Usually its /"/"/ and it displays but now it won't work so I figure there's gotta be a trick to it unless rim made it u accesible can someone give me a clue here?

05-22-10 11:12 AM
    Usually its /"/"/ and it displays but now it won't work so I figure there's gotta be a trick to it unless rim made it u accesible can someone give me a clue here?

sk8trix,

Yep, there's a trick to it now. In earlier OS versions, you could lock the !?123 key and enter "/"/ (you never needed that first /), and it would go to the event log. Now, locking the !?123 key doesn't work anymore. You have to enter !?123 " !?123 / !?123 " !?123 / to make it work. Don't lock the !?123 key when you press it; just use it like a shift key each time. That's the trick! Enjoy...

Riding the Storm Out
    05-22-10 11:48 AM
    wow thanks u just made my afternoon i was having a melt down trying to clear my event log apreciate it
    05-22-10 11:51 AM
    wow thanks u just made my afternoon i was having a melt down trying to clear my event log apreciate it
    sk8trix,

No prob! I asked the same question several days ago and someone (Snarfler, I think) figured it out and told me how to do it. Just passing on the goodness...

Besides, we wouldn't want to see any fellow CrackBerrys having a melt down...

Riding the Storm Out
    05-22-10 12:21 PM
    Sorry, whereis this entered to read on phone?
    I needed this the other day and resorted to BBSAk and hopefully got the same log.
    05-22-10 01:09 PM
    Sorry, whereis this entered to read on phone?
    I needed this the other day and resorted to BBSAk and hopefully got the same log.
    johnceef,

The shortcut key sequence is entered from the home screen. I've configured the left convenience key to bring up the virtual keyboard on the home screen for this purpose. As for it being the same log, there's only one event log as far as I know...

Riding the Storm Out
    05-22-10 02:30 PM
    I use QuickLaunch for that. Works great.

05-22-10 02:46 PM
    Odd. I have set the left convenience key to virtual keyboard and typed the code mentioned.
    I also added the event log to QL.

Both have the same result .... Nothing happens.

Can the event log be empty ? Does something need to be set for the log to begin ?

Thanks u2 for your replies as well as OPs question.
    Last edited by johnceef; 05-22-10 at 03:43 PM.
    05-22-10 03:39 PM
    Odd. I have set the left convenience key to virtual keyboard and typed the code mentioned.
    I also added the event log to QL.

Both have the same result .... Nothing happens.

Can the event log be empty ? Does something need to be set for the log to begin ?

Thanks u2 for your replies as well as OPs question.
    Did you shrink out the event log? It won't show if you did that. Set all setting in QL to allow and re boot your phone.

05-22-10 06:30 PM
    search for "Free LogCut" in your App World. that works perfectly for me.
    05-23-10 08:13 AM
    Yeap Free LogCut works great.....also ShowLogEvent is great also.

05-23-10 08:37 AM
    Did you shrink out the event log?
    Good call. I forgot that I shrank the Event Log Viewer.
    I guess I knew I could view it in BBSAK and figured, why waste the space.

Thanks again.
    05-23-10 09:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD