I hate the auto text function, as it screws up my typing. How do I go about disabling it?
    10-10-09 05:15 PM
    It's under Option for Language settings.
    10-10-09 05:30 PM
    predictive text...
    This only works while holding your phone in landscape mode. Go to options>language and text input. At Input Style, change it to auto correct. Its gonna take of predictive text. If you don't want the phone to auto correct go to spell check in options and disable auto correct. Turning off predictive text will make the bug show up where pressing the number 2 and 8 while entering a new contacts phone number inputs letters instead of the correct numbers...sorry.
    10-10-09 08:35 PM
    predictive text...
    This only works while holding your phone in landscape mode. Go to options>language and text input. At Input Style, change it to auto correct. Its gonna take of predictive text. If you don't want the phone to auto correct go to spell check in options and disable auto correct. Turning off predictive text will make the bug show up where pressing the number 2 and 8 while entering a new contacts phone number inputs letters instead of the correct numbers...sorry.
    Not if you don't have QWERTY in portrait as your keyboard and you don't use landscape QWERTY when editing the contacts.
    10-10-09 10:08 PM
    You also have to make the change separately in options for Mail, BBM and SMS. Ugh!
    10-10-09 10:52 PM
    Not if you don't have QWERTY in portrait as your keyboard and you don't use landscape QWERTY when editing the contacts.
    Cool...I didn't know that. It took me forever to figure out the landscape part with my phone's setup.
    10-10-09 10:56 PM
    You also have to make the change separately in options for Mail, BBM and SMS. Ugh!
    No you don't. You turn off autocomplete in the Language Settings and it affects the entire phone.
    10-10-09 11:08 PM
    Edited to remove question....
    Last edited by theswami; 10-15-09 at 11:48 AM.
    10-15-09 11:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD