I need to know how to delete ringtones that i myself created using the mp3's on my phone. They are not in the ringtone folder but they are listed under ringtones when your setting your sound profiles. I don't understand why i can't find them to delete them. Is there a memory scrub i can do that won't affect my settings or phone book?
    12-26-08 03:28 PM
    I have this problem too. I added a ringtone, subsequently deleted it, and it's gone from the SD card. yet, if I go to the ringtones list in options, it's still listed. If you highlight it, it plays some other ringtone.
    12-26-08 03:30 PM
    There has to be a way to delete these tones and im also trying to find out how to delete pictures as well. I can see them but they are the ones i have already deleted, it's frustrating.
    12-26-08 03:36 PM
    Found something, tried turning the phone off and that didnt work so i removed the battery. The ringtone are no longer there and neither are the pictures. hope that can help someone else.
    12-26-08 03:44 PM
    I have the same problem with ringtones, and battery pull has not fixed the problem. Anyone else have any other suggestions?
    12-27-08 03:24 AM
    I plugged in with the cable and opened Blackberry 2
    and went to my ringtones folder and deleted the BB Thumbs.dat file.
    Then do a battery pull.
    12-27-08 04:02 AM
    yep. thats it. thanks
    12-27-08 04:59 AM
    while in your home icon screen, select the applications icon. then select the files icon, then select file folders, then select media card, then select blackberry, then select ringtones. any ringtone that you have added yourself to your phone will be here. highlight the desired ringtone and push the blackberry menu key and select delete. if youre not sure if it is the right ringtone you can preview it by selecting play in the menu bar. hope this helps. i had the same issue and messed around with the phone and found this. good luck.
    05-23-10 10:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD