This program keeps popping up even though I select deny and save each time. How do I delete this app? thanks
    12-31-09 11:34 AM
    options>advanced options>applications>city id>blackberry key>delete>yes>reboot.
    if that doesnt work, go through the blackberry desktop manager>app loader>add/remove programs>deselect city id. hope this helps. cheers
    12-31-09 11:36 AM
    options>advanced options>applications>city id>blackberry key>delete>yes>reboot.
    if that doesnt work, go through the blackberry desktop manager>app loader>add/remove programs>deselect city id. hope this helps. cheers
    Second option worked! Thanks!
    12-31-09 11:55 AM
    any time glad i could help
    12-31-09 11:57 AM
    Verizon pre loads this phone with a ton of crap!
    12-31-09 01:24 PM
    Agreed. Too much BS, but thats what we signed up for?
    12-31-09 01:26 PM
    I have a Blackberry 8530 and I have 'Buy Games & Themes', 'City ID' and 'Tone Room Deluxe' that just showed up last night after a reboot. Does anyone know how to delete these apps? They do not show up under options -> applications, nor do they show up in blackberry desktop manager.

Let me know.
    04-23-10 08:28 AM
    Thanks for posting how to delete that. Just deleted City ID on my BB. I'm still on the free trial, but I don't have a need for it. It's just taking up space on my BB.

Just upgraded from a Pearl 8130 to the Storm 2 a couple days ago, so I'm still learning.
    Last edited by stang.girl; 04-23-10 at 09:53 AM.
    04-23-10 08:53 AM
    I have a Blackberry 8530 and I have 'Buy Games & Themes', 'City ID' and 'Tone Room Deluxe' that just showed up last night after a reboot. Does anyone know how to delete these apps? They do not show up under options -> applications, nor do they show up in blackberry desktop manager.

Let me know.

Read the second post and use the Desktop manager give that a try

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-10 10:28 AM
    Jesus, Verizon. It's either a number I know, or one I don't. WTF do I care if the bill collector is in St Paul or Dallas?
    04-23-10 12:57 PM

Let me know.
    If they aren't in the applications list then they're just shortcuts to download the apps. Just hide them they don't take up any space.

04-23-10 01:04 PM
    If they aren't in the applications list then they're just shortcuts to download the apps. Just hide them they don't take up any space.

will hiding them free up memory space or what would exactly it do for these apps such as bing, facebook, my space that aren't used (at least by me)?
    04-23-10 03:11 PM
    I just don't get it. People seem to look for ANY EXCUSE to be ticked off with VZW or RIM...anything, it matters not, and it's tedious. Get a life, people!

Apps pushed from VZW are not APPS..they are INSTALLATION icons..taking up probably 2 or 3 KILOBYTES of space...mere noise in the grand scheme of things. I created a folder on my phone called "STUFF" (you can name it whatever you want..I was being polite) and currently, there are 13 icons there, all of which are simple installation icons as well as the "Search" "Application Center" "V Cast Videos" and other assorted junk I have no interest in. I just shove the junk in there and get on with my life and enjoying my Storm 2, working great.
    04-23-10 03:21 PM
    I just don't get it. People seem to look for ANY EXCUSE to be ticked off with VZW or RIM...anything, it matters not, and it's tedious. Get a life, people!

Apps pushed from VZW are not APPS..they are INSTALLATION icons..taking up probably 2 or 3 KILOBYTES of space...mere noise in the grand scheme of things. I created a folder on my phone called "STUFF" (you can name it whatever you want..I was being polite) and currently, there are 13 icons there, all of which are simple installation icons as well as the "Search" "Application Center" "V Cast Videos" and other assorted junk I have no interest in. I just shove the junk in there and get on with my life and enjoying my Storm 2, working great.
    I totally agree, but was just curious to know if they took up space....

I love my S2 and wouldn't change it for the world.

How did you create the folder btw?
    04-23-10 03:29 PM
    Hit your Blackberry menu button, at the bottom it should say "Add Folder" name it what you want, put all of the installation icons that you don't want to see in there, then hide the folder.
    04-23-10 04:09 PM
    Hit your Blackberry menu button, at the bottom it should say "Add Folder" name it what you want, put all of the installation icons that you don't want to see in there, then hide the folder.
    much appreciated brotha!
    04-23-10 04:17 PM
    go to options advanced options then service book then look for the name of the application followed by (browser configuration) and then hit menu and chose delete. Goodbye irritating advertisements.
    THEN go change your permissions so that blackberry appworld can no longer mess around with your homescreen and email and all the other stuff it gives itself wacky permission to do.
    05-03-10 11:21 PM

Exactly! That was the first folder I created on my device.
    05-04-10 10:36 AM
    go to options advanced options then service book then look for the name of the application followed by (browser configuration) and then hit menu and chose delete. Goodbye irritating advertisements.
    THEN go change your permissions so that blackberry appworld can no longer mess around with your homescreen and email and all the other stuff it gives itself wacky permission to do.
    Good stuff, thanks.
    05-04-10 04:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD