Hello fellow Crackberry users, abusers, and iphone followers. Please keep in mind that this post will not be about which phone is better, or company at that, it is simply a story. I love my Storm, and I respect iphone users when they are not bestowing their ideologies upon the rest of us. To each his own. That being said let me begin.

Some might disagree but I feel it is important for me to express my gratitude to the Crackberry creators and members. After purchasing my first RIM device on the Canadian Storm release date in December, I became an avid supporter and user of the Crackberry Forums. It has taught me so much, from how to install leaked updates, all the way to solving the sometimes simple problems that may come with owning the Storm. I knew at this point, that i have become a better storm user, but never thought it would help me with personal struggles.

But that is not the main reason I am making this post. Oh no. I just wanted to say that before that date back in December, I was a typically shy, passive, and jolly man who would rather turn the other check when I saw something that I disagreed with. The main reason for this was because of my fear of confrontation. I was insecure, scared, and unaware of what would be typed about me by disagreeing members or posters. I found comfort in withdrawing from these situations. Crackberry Changed that. I use to read the comments about how the Storm does not even compare to the iphone, and all the similar yet monotonous posts of the same jargon. Slowly becoming enraged with fury. Then one day, like Bruce Banner transformed into the Hulk, or doctor Jekyll to Mr. Hyde, I changed from the passive Bezansonn, to a raging beast of its own kind.

“Will the Storm ever be as good as the iphone?” This was the straw that broke the camel’s back.

I felt it was my time to express how I felt, and I did. I overcame my fears, and everything that stood in the way of me publicly expressing my feelings, thoughts, theory’s, and all else. This is not to say that what I said was 100% correct, or the “right” thing to say, but that is not the point. The point is that something as simple as this website managed to help at least one person change for the better. I feel more comfortable with my posts, and actually say what i want to say. Not shying away because of what i feel someone will retaliate with.

So thank you Crackberry, for everything. I will continue to post the way I feel I should. Some may laugh, some may disagree, but hopefully many will agree that this was truly a life altering experience for me.

I invite all to share stories and comments.
    Last edited by Bezansonn; 04-01-09 at 02:04 PM.
    04-01-09 02:00 PM
    Go, young Bezansonn, bestow your new-found anger and rage upon society!
    04-01-09 02:12 PM
    i wonder how many storm owners go to iPhone forums and run their mouths like the morons who have iPhones (or love iPhones) that post here.?.?

my guess....very few if any. why? because most Storm users probably did not buy the phone to be like the iPhone. i bet if we wanted an iPhone we would have gone to a crappy AT&T store and got one. i got the storm because i love blackberry and i wanted a touch screen phone. i didnt purchase the phone as the "iPhone killer" i got it to have a new blackberry and better service (left t-mobile).
    04-01-09 02:16 PM
    congrats. continue to revel in your online enlightenment.
    04-01-09 02:17 PM
    congrats. continue to revel in your online enlightenment.
    Haha thank you. Dont get me wrong, im not as serious as i made it out to be, but really, the iphone topics really made me angry. i couldnt stand it anymore. Not to mention it will be a never ending battle, nobody is going to actually prove which one is better, so why bother. Its purely what meets the needs of the consumer.
    04-01-09 02:20 PM
    .... Its purely what meets the needs of the consumer.
    Haha, the thing is, iPhone consumers don't know what meets their needs except bright colours and shiny objects. Therefore, they will always do well. Too bad the Storm is too complicated for those type of people to figure out....
    04-01-09 02:23 PM
    Haha, the thing is, iPhone consumers don't know what meets their needs except bright colours and shiny objects. Therefore, they will always do well. Too bad the Storm is too complicated for those type of people to figure out....
    53 posts in two days.....
    And this is a place of Love, not hate. haha but that was funny
    04-01-09 02:24 PM
    Haha thank you. Dont get me wrong, im not as serious as i made it out to be, but really, the iphone topics really made me angry. i couldnt stand it anymore. Not to mention it will be a never ending battle, nobody is going to actually prove which one is better, so why bother. Its purely what meets the needs of the consumer.
    i agree. the trolls and haters will always be around to stir the pot as long as people take them seriously. but, who takes that stuff seriously anyway? it's more fun derailing their hate (or ranting on their rant) rather than feeding into it.
    04-01-09 02:28 PM
    Exactly. Im begining to see that the only way to deal with these "trolls" is to either
    A. RANT RANT RANT and fight it out, as i know ghonour does, or
    B. just tell yourself they stink, or in the words of ghonour "like to smell their own farts"
    04-01-09 02:30 PM
    You have learned well, young grasshopper
    04-01-09 03:14 PM
    Well, Crackberry.com has definitely moved me into the realm of "geek" bc I can't stay off this site for more than an hour. Lol. I proudly accept my new title in society, and am no longer afraid to unleash my geekiness upon the world!!
    04-01-09 03:40 PM
    Well, Crackberry.com has definitely moved me into the realm of "geek" bc I can't stay off this site for more than an hour. Lol. I proudly accept my new title in society, and am no longer afraid to unleash my geekiness upon the world!!
    I cant lie, i feel the same way too. Constantly checking these forums. My girlfriend just doesn't understand...
    04-01-09 04:03 PM
    I cant lie, i feel the same way too. Constantly checking these forums. My girlfriend just doesn't understand...
    Get her a blackberry and a computer. Within weeks, you will hear her screaming "LEAKED OS UPDATE!!!" and you will do the same Till the point that your neighbors are like and then eventually join you
    04-01-09 09:45 PM
    most Storm users probably did not buy the phone to be like the iPhone. i bet if we wanted an iPhone we would have gone to a crappy AT&T store and got one. i got the storm because i love blackberry and i wanted a touch screen phone. i didnt purchase the phone as the "iPhone killer" i got it to have a new blackberry and better service.
    Edited for sheer brilliance.
    04-02-09 01:11 AM
    Get her a blackberry and a computer. Within weeks, you will hear her screaming "LEAKED OS UPDATE!!!" and you will do the same Till the point that your neighbors are like and then eventually join you
    HAHAHA brilliant!
    04-02-09 09:26 AM
    Hello fellow Crackberry users, abusers, and iphone followers. Please keep in mind that this post will not be about which phone is better, or company at that, it is simply a story. I love my Storm, and I respect iphone users when they are not bestowing their ideologies upon the rest of us. To each his own. That being said let me begin.

Some might disagree but I feel it is important for me to express my gratitude to the Crackberry creators and members. After purchasing my first RIM device on the Canadian Storm release date in December, I became an avid supporter and user of the Crackberry Forums. It has taught me so much, from how to install leaked updates, all the way to solving the sometimes simple problems that may come with owning the Storm. I knew at this point, that i have become a better storm user, but never thought it would help me with personal struggles.

But that is not the main reason I am making this post. Oh no. I just wanted to say that before that date back in December, I was a typically shy, passive, and jolly man who would rather turn the other check when I saw something that I disagreed with. The main reason for this was because of my fear of confrontation. I was insecure, scared, and unaware of what would be typed about me by disagreeing members or posters. I found comfort in withdrawing from these situations. Crackberry Changed that. I use to read the comments about how the Storm does not even compare to the iphone, and all the similar yet monotonous posts of the same jargon. Slowly becoming enraged with fury. Then one day, like Bruce Banner transformed into the Hulk, or doctor Jekyll to Mr. Hyde, I changed from the passive Bezansonn, to a raging beast of its own kind.

“Will the Storm ever be as good as the iphone?” This was the straw that broke the camel’s back.

I felt it was my time to express how I felt, and I did. I overcame my fears, and everything that stood in the way of me publicly expressing my feelings, thoughts, theory’s, and all else. This is not to say that what I said was 100% correct, or the “right” thing to say, but that is not the point. The point is that something as simple as this website managed to help at least one person change for the better. I feel more comfortable with my posts, and actually say what i want to say. Not shying away because of what i feel someone will retaliate with.

So thank you Crackberry, for everything. I will continue to post the way I feel I should. Some may laugh, some may disagree, but hopefully many will agree that this was truly a life altering experience for me.

I invite all to share stories and comments.
    Welcome young padawan. Proud of you, I am.
    04-03-09 02:01 AM
    Well...personally I cant see how a phone and website would be so life altering but good on ya. Trials and tribulations come in many sorts I guess.
    04-03-09 10:06 AM
    How has Crackberry changed my life? More sleepless nights trolling through all these posts, sweaty palms when I haven't been online for more than an hour, my wife's pissed off coz we speak less, my kids say 'mum, daddy's on the crack again'. the list goes on. At least I'm happy and in love with my Storm.
    04-04-09 06:03 AM
    How has Crackberry changed my life? More sleepless nights trolling through all these posts, sweaty palms when I haven't been online for more than an hour, my wife's pissed off coz we speak less, my kids say 'mum, daddy's on the crack again'. the list goes on. At least I'm happy and in love with my Storm.
    HAHAHA i actually just had a good laugh out loud. Thats hilarious! I worry for the day there we get a perfect official OS release. I know that will be the day i delete crackberry from my favorites.
    04-04-09 11:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD