I have just tried to do a backup of my phone and I am now getting an error message half way through the backup that reads "Error Backing Up Data Bases" I am running .83 and it seems to be fine but I wanted to be careful and do a quick back up and ran into this issue does anyone have any ideas???
    12-24-08 11:58 AM
    Clear out the internet memory. In the web browser, Hit options then cache ops. Then clear all the items. It should back up no problem after that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-08 12:12 PM
    Polar is dead on. This has been a known problem, and what was suggested is a known fix.
    12-24-08 12:14 PM
    Clear out the internet memory. In the web browser, Hit options then cache ops. Then clear all the items. It should back up no problem after that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Problem SOLVED!!!

Thank You
    12-24-08 12:32 PM
    Problem SOLVED!!!

Thank You
    Great. I'm going to move this to the How-To/FAQ Storm Subforum. It's perfect!!
    12-24-08 12:33 PM
    Thanks, guys. I was beginning to think my .83 wasn't as perfect as I'd been saying, but then, like any good crackberry head should, I used the search box and found this thread. Worked like a charm, and I'm back in business. Thanks again. Happy Holidays!
    12-25-08 08:44 AM
    For the quality of support that can be found here, Verizon, RIM and every other carrier ought to be PAYING the owners for the number of tech calls that DON'T make it their phone banks!!!

Spot On.
    12-25-08 03:38 PM
    OK, cleared all cache and even cleaned memory and I still get this error when it gets to the SureType Options. Any other suggestions?
    12-26-08 12:20 PM
    i've done everything that is mentioned, but now it freezes in default service selector
    12-26-08 05:18 PM
    i've done everything that is mentioned, but now it freezes in default service selector
    It worked for me.
    Do a batt pull and try backing it up again.
    12-27-08 10:39 AM
    It worked for me.
    Do a batt pull and try backing it up again.
    I am getting the same error message, when I go into the advanced section the error occurs in the browser cache. BUT, I have cleared out the history, cache and cookies out of both the browser and opera mini. I also did battery pull, tried another usb port, it is seeing the device. Any other device, I had the problem before and removed and reinstalled the desktop manager only to get the error again after a few backups. Any other suggestions??? Anyone???
    12-29-08 07:34 AM
    I ended up doing a custom backup - I just highlighted everything in the right box and moved it to the left box - two files, SureType Options and one of the Browser files (sorry, forgot which it was) would not back up but everything else did.
    12-29-08 08:52 AM
    Now I've got a new one, it fails at the end of backing up the calendar.
    I've done a battery pull, I've cleared the cache, I've done amemory clean and nothing, any ideas?
    12-29-08 10:43 AM
    Best way is to never even use the storm's browser. I use Opera in stead (much better IMO)and thus I never have to clear the history.
    12-31-08 07:54 AM
    Best way is to never even use the storm's browser. I use Opera in stead (much better IMO)and thus I never have to clear the history.
    Um, actually you do.
    in opera, menu key>history>menu key>clear>menu key>yes
    also cookies
    menu key>settings>clear cookies, not a bad idea to do every month or so.

Now I've got a new one, it fails at the end of backing up the calendar.
    I've done a battery pull, I've cleared the cache, I've done amemory clean and nothing, any ideas?
    If you are running opera, see above, also if you have a bunch of saved emails and texts, especially mms's, this will cause it also..
    12-31-08 10:14 AM
    mine fails every time on "voice dial advanced options" or something about voice dial.

edit: after a couple more battery pulls it now fails on "diagnostic app options"
    Last edited by cray1000; 01-02-09 at 04:09 AM.
    01-02-09 04:06 AM
    Clearing Browser cache does work..........
    01-02-09 09:09 AM
    I back up a lot. Last couple of days, I have been getting the typical error message spoken of here. Cleared all Browser stuff, pulled battery - back up fails at (gulp!) the clock. Does this on two different DMs, Windows Vista Business SP-1 and Wndows XP SP-3, separate physical machines. Storm / VZN / 4.7.0.75

Got with VZN and ended up doing complete wipe. Can now backup. Impressed with VZN tenacity and how few tweaks were needed to get back up. Had to re-start vlingo. Had to reset Jonathan's Launchers. All emails, messages, music, photos OK.

Doctor Neutron
    Last edited by DoctorNeutron; 01-06-09 at 11:09 PM.
    01-03-09 10:58 PM
    Um, actually you do.
    in opera, menu key>history>menu key>clear>menu key>yes
    also cookies
    menu key>settings>clear cookies, not a bad idea to do every month or so.

If you are running opera, see above, also if you have a bunch of saved emails and texts, especially mms's, this will cause it also..
    Really.... i'll look in to it.... anyhow, opera loads much faster here in Holland,but thanx anyway for the rep.
    01-04-09 12:44 PM
    polar135 is spot on! this clever little fix works perfect and should be put in the manual! thanks for the assist. now...can someone explain why this causes the db backup to stop?
    01-04-09 02:58 PM
    Also, Podtrapper can cause this issue. todays release of 1.5.5 fixes the issue, so uninstalling podtrapper or upgrading will solve your issue.

of course this only affects those using podtrapper, but its 100% confirmed.
    01-04-09 08:02 PM
    Mine fails every time on "backing up on-board device memory" The last option in the back up process. I've done everything. Pulled battery, cleared cache, even deleted you tube and weatherbug. No luck. Is there anything I need to do concerning the on board device memory settings? Can anyone help me? I'm running Vista home premium on a brand new laptop. It's 1 week old today.
    01-11-09 05:01 PM
    I figured it out. The on board device memory encryption was active. I deactivated the encryption and it backed up perfectly. So if anyone else is having this issue. There's the fix.
    01-11-09 05:06 PM
    I figured it out. The on board device memory encryption was active. I deactivated the encryption and it backed up perfectly. So if anyone else is having this issue. There's the fix.
    Thanks for your tip, you fixed my problem!!!
    01-11-09 11:05 PM
    soxfan143,
    I'm getting the same error but do not have encryption active (that I can tell....under options, memory, encryption). Is this the same location you are enabling and disabling from or am I missing something? Thanks in advance.
    01-12-09 09:51 AM
91 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD