i just got the CellAvant talk lock feature on my storm and would like to know how to change the background image. i tried to follow these directions (1. Options > Memory > Mass storage mode support: Set that to on
    2. Plug in your phone using the usb cable
    3. Navigate to My Computer > BLACKBERRY1 > home > user
    4. Save the image above (right click on it and choose save as) name it TalkLock-Background.png
    5. Copy the saved image into the directoy stated above.
    6. Pull the battery out of your phone and put it back in)
    i dont quite understand #4 on. if you have done this and can guide me through it i would greatly apprieciate it!!!! thanks. oh i am running vista by the way not sure if that makes a diff. thanks again
    02-06-09 09:43 PM
    oh yeah any negatives about it?
    02-06-09 09:43 PM
    I have it and like it. Where did you get these instructions? I'm going to give it a shot now because I hate that image too.
    02-06-09 10:38 PM
    i just got the CellAvant talk lock feature on my storm and would like to know how to change the background image. i tried to follow these directions (1. Options > Memory > Mass storage mode support: Set that to on
    2. Plug in your phone using the usb cable
    3. Navigate to My Computer > BLACKBERRY1 > home > user
    4. Save the image above (right click on it and choose save as) name it TalkLock-Background.png
    5. Copy the saved image into the directoy stated above.
    6. Pull the battery out of your phone and put it back in)
    i dont quite understand #4 on. if you have done this and can guide me through it i would greatly apprieciate it!!!! thanks. oh i am running vista by the way not sure if that makes a diff. thanks again
    Make sure you convert whatever img you use to a .png file, you just can't rename it to .png. From windows you should have 2 blackberry drives. One of them will take you to the Home directory and then User. Copy it in there. Reboot your phone and test it. attached is my image that I use with my TalkLock.
    02-07-09 09:42 AM
    Anyone able to get to their files via bluetooth?
    02-07-09 09:53 AM
    Anyone able to get to their files via bluetooth?
    You mean transfer files with bluetooth? You should start a thread for that. This thread is about Talklock.
    02-07-09 10:08 AM
    Yeah...I did. No reply. Thanks for your help though.
    02-07-09 10:11 AM
    oh yeah any negatives about it?
    No negatives here from me. I live by it and it's free compared to the OTHER program that you have to pay for.
    02-07-09 10:11 AM
    No negatives here from me. I live by it and it's free compared to the OTHER program that you have to pay for.
    lmao its 3 dollars and has more options and it looks oem.

cry me a river
    02-07-09 01:17 PM
    I was trying to change the background but it wasn't working for me. When I go into my computer, I see blackberry 9350 so I click on it. It then brings up the device memory and the media card memory. Device memory only brings up Flycast and the media card only brings up my music. I know I am doing something wrong but I don't know what, if someone could help I would appreciate it.
    02-07-09 01:53 PM
    lmao its 3 dollars and has more options and it looks oem.

cry me a river
    which one would that be?
    02-08-09 01:36 AM
    Somethings I noticed under My computer:

Blackberry2 will not show /Home/user directories. (this option will happen when using windows xp to load Blackberry USB drivers and Desktop manager not installed via supplied CD)

Blackberry1 will show /home/user directories. (this option will occur when using the CD supplied by blackberry and installing the Desktop Manager software)

Remember to enable show all files and folders open windows browser to do this!
    Tools>Folder Options - CLick on View TAB
    under Hidden Files and folders click on SHOW HIDDEN FILES AND FOLDERS. Click apply and ok.
    02-11-09 10:05 AM
    Make sure you convert whatever img you use to a .png file, you just can't rename it to .png. From windows you should have 2 blackberry drives. One of them will take you to the Home directory and then User. Copy it in there. Reboot your phone and test it. attached is my image that I use with my TalkLock.
    Okay, so I've got an actual png file. I named it as they stated, but it still doesn't work. should the file name be xxxxx.png or just a png file named xxxx?

Edit: I tried it with the ".png" taken out of my actual file name...that did the trick!
    Last edited by jstkdn; 02-16-09 at 04:26 PM.
    02-16-09 04:16 PM
    i love how nobody corrects it still thats what this post was about lol
    02-16-09 05:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD