Yes I know I know this is the wrong place to past it but I cant post it in the How To Area so can you please tell me step by step how to upgrade i have .287 hybrid tryed that why cant I Upgrade.... PLZ tell me.

NO GOOGLE
    NO GO TO HERE

Tell me yourself how to do it. Or we can do team viewer........
    10-21-09 01:38 PM
    Yes I know I know this is the wrong place to past it but I cant post it in the How To Area so can you please tell me step by step how to upgrade i have .287 hybrid tryed that why cant I Upgrade.... PLZ tell me.

NO GOOGLE
    NO GO TO HERE

Tell me yourself how to do it. Or we can do team viewer........
    forget the hybird it no good doesn;t work well keeps crashing and rebootin the os * i found the web browser craps out*

i say if you want an os5 that works go for 5.0.0.323
    it awesome and works

step1
    make sure you back up everything b4 you do anything*using desktop manager or MiQ or which ever sync you use!*

step2
    you need is to download bbsak 1.6.3
    RIMGeeks.com • View topic - [Beta][10/19/09] BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife v1.6.3

step2
    make sure you uninstall any other os you have install from your computer by going to the add and remove programs and removing them!!!!

step3
    download the os build you want to install*i recommend os 5.0.0.323*
    Run the os you downloaded! it will install in your (should be same direct for all version of windows I running windows 7U) C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\*folder should be name of the os you downloaded*\

step4
    RUN the bbsak program connect to your storm and do a wipe*for a clean install=less problems*
    after running the wipe your should have error on your device that says reload system 513 or 507 code(dont worried it part of the process)

step5
    ok now you have to goto the folder where the os loader.exe is install to that in your computer which is in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\ *look for the vendor.xml file and delete it*

after completing all 5 steps your are not ready to install your new os

step6
    go back to your bbsak program and there should be any option to *load os* button

the loader.exe file will run and just follow the instuction and pick the apps you want to install with your os!
    when your ready to process hit next and let loader.exe do the install(this should take about 10 to 30min depending on your system) *mine too 3min*

step7
    after step6 finish it will reboot your storm! wait until it rebooted or reconnect to you loader.exe program thats running and it will say you have completed loading your OS!

now you got to resync or restore your backup from your desktop manager!

there I hope that explains how to set up your os if you still dont know how to i will teamview and do it. it stright forward just follow all the step and your good to go!!
    let me know how it goes!!!
    Last edited by alicklee; 10-21-09 at 02:13 PM.
    10-21-09 01:44 PM
    I agree. Go with 5.0.0.323! It is the best, without question.

Check out my thread on how to install an OS.

Here is a link for .323.

If you need help feel free to PM me.
    10-21-09 01:53 PM
    well let all know how everything goes ok !!
    10-21-09 02:14 PM
    i say if you want an os5 that works go for 5.0.0.323
    it awesome and works

step1
    make sure you back up everything b4 you do anything*using desktop manager or MiQ or which ever sync you use!*

step2
    you need is to download bbsak 1.6.3
    RIMGeeks.com • View topic - [Beta][10/19/09] BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife v1.6.3

step2
    make sure you uninstall any other os you have install from your computer by going to the add and remove programs and removing them!!!!

step3
    download the os build you want to install*i recommend os 5.0.0.323*
    Run the os you downloaded! it will install in your (should be same direct for all version of windows I running windows 7U) C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\*folder should be name of the os you downloaded*\

step4
    RUN the bbsak program connect to your storm and do a wipe*for a clean install=less problems*
    after running the wipe your should have error on your device that says reload system 513 or 507 code(dont worried it part of the process)

step5
    ok now you have to goto the folder where the os loader.exe is install to that in your computer which is in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\ *look for the vendor.xml file and delete it*

after completing all 5 steps your are not ready to install your new os

step6
    go back to your bbsak program and there should be any option to *load os* button

the loader.exe file will run and just follow the instuction and pick the apps you want to install with your os!
    when your ready to process hit next and let loader.exe do the install(this should take about 10 to 30min depending on your system) *mine too 3min*

step7
    after step6 finish it will reboot your storm! wait until it rebooted or reconnect to you loader.exe program thats running and it will say you have completed loading your OS!

now you got to resync or restore your backup from your desktop manager!

there I hope that explains how to set up your os if you still dont know how to i will teamview and do it. it stright forward just follow all the step and your good to go!!
    let me know how it goes!!!
    10-21-09 02:15 PM
    ps: remove memory card before step 2 thanks @z06mike for that! i almost forgot!!
    10-21-09 02:32 PM
    I never remove my memory card and nothing ever goes wrong with it.
    10-21-09 03:21 PM
    I never remove my memory card and nothing ever goes wrong with it.
    well you never know something can happen so to be safe and i find it speed up the first boot without memory card(maybe it just me)
    10-21-09 03:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD