Hey...how do you get the capability to type in a foreign language? I know there is a base option for french, spanish, and english, but I want Japanese. Even if I select 'Japanese Character Support' from DM, I still can't type in Japanese. I know under Options --> Languages you should be able to switch between your installed languages, but I can't seem to find Japanese in there.

Any clues? I'm running the latest leaked OS (.148), so I don't know if that will be an issue or not, since it's not official...

Can anyone help? Thanks!
    05-25-09 05:58 PM
    do you have the japanese characters and/or language support installed on the device?
    05-26-09 02:18 AM
    I think I do. I clicked the option in Device Manager (unselected french and spanish, and under asian language support clicked Japanese), but I don't know if there was an additional module I need to download.
    05-26-09 02:27 AM
    i don't use it, so i don't know either. gimmie a few mins to try some stuff and i'll get back to you. i'll post on this thread when i figure it out.
    05-26-09 02:28 AM
    i don't use it, so i don't know either. gimmie a few mins to try some stuff and i'll get back to you. i'll post on this thread when i figure it out.
    So how's that going patches? Just checking, I'm interested in this as well. I used to be able to do it on .75 I think it was where you could change the language, and then they killed it lol.
    05-27-09 02:06 AM
    to be honest i forgot! lol...good thing i subscribed to the thread...

i didn't have .148 loaded, i upgraded before it leaked on my friend's PC "accidentally". so i'm gonna DL now and install see if it includes japanese support...

i know on the change log that one of the fixes was improved language support.
    05-27-09 02:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD