I'm a simple guy. I have one copy of Outlook 2002 on my laptop and I want it to sync to my Storm. That works fine (the syncing part). The problem is that I have 2 email addresses (OK...maybe I'm a little complicated) which causes the Storm to create 3 Calendars (Default Device, email address1, and email address2). For some reason, my Storm Calendar makes entries for the Default Device as well as one of the email addresses. This shows up on my Storm Calendar view as duplicate entries for all appointments. It's very annoying. If you go to Menu, Select Calendar, it lets you pick which Calendar to show, and that part works fine. But, once you close the Calendar app and then re-open it (I probably do this about 50 times a day), it defaults to Show All Calendars. Making that menu change each time is not very efficient. I don't even understand why it forces you to have a Calendar entry for at least one of your email addresses. In Options, Advanced Options, Default Services, you can select a Default Calendar, but Default Device is not one of the options...you have to pick one of your email addresses as the Default Calendar.

So my question is, does anyone know a way to make the Calendar app show only one Calendar each time the app is opened, without having to un-select Show All Calendars?

Thanks,

Grey
    12-17-08 06:56 PM
    Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I would think that everybody that has more than one email address has this same problem.

Thanks,

Grey
    12-17-08 08:44 PM
    I have never been able to fix this as well, since a calender is created for each email acct made we have these multiple calenders, I have a curve and it always comes back to show all calenders, even one of them is default, if you fig it let me, never been able to fix this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-08 08:49 PM
    I have the same problem and seem to remember having it on previous BBs so this is an old bug. I think it can be "fixed" as follows. Go to Options / Advanced Options / Service Book. You should find two items that begin with email addresses and end with [CICAL]... Delete the one(s) that are not your primary/default calendar and you should be good to go. PLEASE NOTE: I have not tried this on my Storm although I expect to do so soon as this is an annoying problem.
    12-17-08 09:02 PM
    I usually just use one calendar, as multiple calendar's created problems with sync to Yahoo!. I can't really figure out why people would want multiple calendars anyway.

As for switching the SHOW ALL, i'm not sure, since I deleted my other ones.

Now, as we all know, a new calendar is created every time you add a new email address. To delete these:
    - From the main screen, hit the BB button.
    - Go to Options
    - Go to Advanced Options
    - Go to Service Book
    - Find your email address (for the calendar you want to delete). There should be two listings your_name@example.com[CMIME] and your_name@example.com[CICAL]. The CICAL one is the calendar. Simply scroll over this one (the CICAL) and hit the BB button. Click delete. Voila! If you delete all calendars, you will have just one default calendar, which is what I had to do get mine to sync with Yahoo!

Just make sure you don't delete the CMIME ones, as these are the actualy email books.

Enjoy.
    12-17-08 09:05 PM
    OK, so I guess I'll be the guinea pig on this for the Storm. I just deleted those CICAL Service Books. It did remove the extra calendars without seeming to have crashed by BB so far. I'll update this post tomorrow to let everyone know if it seems to be a solid solution for the Storm.

Grey
    12-17-08 09:47 PM
    [QUOTE=grey;1206584]OK, so I guess I'll be the guinea pig on this for the Storm. I just deleted those CICAL Service Books. It did remove the extra calendars without seeming to have crashed by BB so far. I'll update this post tomorrow to let everyone know if it seems to be a solid solution for the Storm.

I was going to try this tomorrow at work
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/fix...enders-105988/
    czm2000
    CrackBerry Abuser
    Device Model: 9530
    Carrier: Verizon Join Date: Oct 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Funny you should ask. I had this same problem and just spent this afternoon figuring out a fix. To help you accurately I would need to know just what your exact setup is. But here's my setup and what I did to fix it. If yours is the same it will have you fixed in a jiff. If not, maybe you can use an adaptation of the steps I used.

I use Outlook to update my Google Calendar and vice versa through Google's Desktop Calendar Sync. I then also use Googles Blackberry Calendar Sync. This way anything that syncs from my Outlook to my Google Calendar will end up on my Blackberry when it syncs, and anything I enter on my blackberry will sync with Google Calendar and in turn sync with and end up in Outlook. In this way I don't ever have to use the Desktop Manager to syncronize my calendars.

PROBLEM! I had a ton of duplicates and the like.

BACKUP FIRST! (not because it's dangerous, but just in case you need to start over and don't want to have to retype all your calendar items and if you don't have them stored anywhere else).

My Solution:
    First since I was using Google Sync on my blackberry I had to go into google sync and "Sign Out". It will ask you if you are sure and blah, blah, blah, choose delete. Then exit.

Then I connected my blackberry to my pc using the Desktop Manager. I then clicked backup and restore which you should already be in if you took my advice and backed up. Now click the advanced button. Now choose "yes" and wait. When the list comes up on the right find your calendars click once on each and then choose Clear. Once this is done your Storms calendar will have a clean slate.

No what I did is I went into my options and made my main blackberry account my default calendar (it's under Default Services in Options).

Now I went back into Google Sync and signed back in. I now have a perfectly working calendar without any of the doops. If you don't use Google Calendar with Google sync skip the first and last steps and just stick with clearing out your Storms calendars. Then simply resync it with Oulook or what ever calendar you were using previously. Assuming the calendar doesn't have a bunch of duplicates (which is a totally seperate problem) once you sync, you'll be all set.

Again, everyone's situation is different. That is was my situation and what worked for me. Hope it helps you.
    12-17-08 09:56 PM
    [QUOTE=WhiteoutMD;1206667]
    OK, so I guess I'll be the guinea pig on this for the Storm. I just deleted those CICAL Service Books. It did remove the extra calendars without seeming to have crashed by BB so far. I'll update this post tomorrow to let everyone know if it seems to be a solid solution for the Storm.

I was going to try this tomorrow at work
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/fix...enders-105988/
    czm2000
    CrackBerry Abuser
    Device Model: 9530
    Carrier: Verizon Join Date: Oct 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Funny you should ask. I had this same problem and just spent this afternoon figuring out a fix. To help you accurately I would need to know just what your exact setup is. But here's my setup and what I did to fix it. If yours is the same it will have you fixed in a jiff. If not, maybe you can use an adaptation of the steps I used.

I use Outlook to update my Google Calendar and vice versa through Google's Desktop Calendar Sync. I then also use Googles Blackberry Calendar Sync. This way anything that syncs from my Outlook to my Google Calendar will end up on my Blackberry when it syncs, and anything I enter on my blackberry will sync with Google Calendar and in turn sync with and end up in Outlook. In this way I don't ever have to use the Desktop Manager to syncronize my calendars.

PROBLEM! I had a ton of duplicates and the like.

BACKUP FIRST! (not because it's dangerous, but just in case you need to start over and don't want to have to retype all your calendar items and if you don't have them stored anywhere else).

My Solution:
    First since I was using Google Sync on my blackberry I had to go into google sync and "Sign Out". It will ask you if you are sure and blah, blah, blah, choose delete. Then exit.

Then I connected my blackberry to my pc using the Desktop Manager. I then clicked backup and restore which you should already be in if you took my advice and backed up. Now click the advanced button. Now choose "yes" and wait. When the list comes up on the right find your calendars click once on each and then choose Clear. Once this is done your Storms calendar will have a clean slate.

No what I did is I went into my options and made my main blackberry account my default calendar (it's under Default Services in Options).

Now I went back into Google Sync and signed back in. I now have a perfectly working calendar without any of the doops. If you don't use Google Calendar with Google sync skip the first and last steps and just stick with clearing out your Storms calendars. Then simply resync it with Oulook or what ever calendar you were using previously. Assuming the calendar doesn't have a bunch of duplicates (which is a totally seperate problem) once you sync, you'll be all set.

Again, everyone's situation is different. That is was my situation and what worked for me. Hope it helps you.
    12-18-08 10:00 AM
    Follow up question...After removing the extra CICAL's, if you were to have BIS resend your Service Books, does anyone know if a new CICAL would show up for each email address, or are they gone forever?

Grey
    12-18-08 11:41 AM
    THANK YOU! I was having the calendar issue on my Pearl and just could not get the one calendard to go away. Now it syncs with Yahoo.
    12-31-08 09:43 AM
    Thank you czm2000 (and WhiteoutMD for reposting the procedure)!! I was having this same issue with Google Sync. Not anymore! Thanks again.
    01-01-09 10:50 AM
    Hey all,

I'm just going to give this thread a bump.

My situation is this. I followed the advice and deleted the calendar linked to my gmail account in the service book menu.

I tried using google sync and it no longer syncs from device to online calendar. I restored the gmail calendar account in the service book menu. Tried syncing again... no luck. It only goes one way (From online to device..not the other around.)

Any ideas/suggestions?

I'm messing with this because I've been getting duplicates.
    01-31-09 10:48 PM
    Did you resend service books? If so I should imagine it would work, but I know little about google sync

Its possible google sync only works with Google ICAL entries, Desktop Manager only works with default calendar, so you'll have to decide between having OTA sync having 2 calendars or 1 calendar with no OTA sync

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-09 10:58 PM
    Follow up question...After removing the extra CICAL's, if you were to have BIS resend your Service Books, does anyone know if a new CICAL would show up for each email address, or are they gone forever?

Grey
    The answer is YES, when you resend service books, the CICAL entries associated with each email account will show up again in your service book listing on the BB, and you will have to delete them each one by one.
    02-01-09 12:05 PM
    if you guys are only using 1 calendar there is no reason to delete the CICAL for other email address. I didnt and I have 3 addresses on my phone. The only catch is that you MUST set the email address calendar that is associated with your outlook as your default. For example, I use my work email/calendar because I use my Outlook calendar at work and I add both work and personal things. If you need to separate these then there is a way to do it using google sync but you'll have to read the "how to wirelessly sync your bb" thread for those advanced features. These are the steps I took to sync my calendar to only 1 calendar on my bb and doing it wirelessly with Google. I dont know about Yahoo. But this solved my double entry problem...

1 sync your bb to your Outlook or iCal one last time to make sure its up dated.
    2 back up your bb
    3 clear all calendars on your bb using the advanced feature on the DM. (I also cleared my contacts so that google will sync them to my gmail account later)
    4 sync your Outlook or iCal to your Google calendar. (I see some are using Yahoo and I have no idea if you can sync your Yahoo to your BB. sorry)
    5 finally install google sync on your bb and sign in to your google account. It will sync everything for the 1st time. (if you cleared your contacts in step 3 then google sync will bring them back in this step).

Now for a bit of background info to clear up what the steps above mean for you....

You guys have to remember that when you sync your bb and your Outlook or iCal through the DM you are using the "PC" as your main source of data. Granted some people imput more info into the BB than the PC, but thats besides the point.
    Also, google syncs EVERYTHING that was uploaded to your google account calendar and contacts down to your phone because it will see them as EXISTING items, but it will ONLY sync items from your bb up to google (and then back down to your outlook or iCal) that were added to your bb AFTER google sync was installed and signed on. This is why I deleted everything in step 3.
    Now, this all means that you are now using GOOGLE as your main source of data. It controls both of your outlook/ical and your bb. All info is stored and controlled on google. You have to think this way because now you can no longer sync your bb to your outlook or ical using the dm! if you do then you run the risk of duplicating items again. The next time you run google sync it will recognize and give you a message in red letters stating something along the lines of "Another sync client has been adding events to this device. Therefore google sync will not keeps those events updated to avoid duplicate events". So by syncing your bb and your outlook/ical you defeat the purpose of a wireless sync because those events will not go any further. If you update them then you'll be stuck having to resync those using the DM cause google sync wont touch them. This is even more important for people like me... I sync my iCal calendar to google at home. Then when I get to work google syncs that info back down to my outlook at work. At the same time when I make changes on my outlook or ical and they are transfered to google then google makes those changes to my bb. Google is now the main source of data regardless of where I make my changes as long as I never try to sync my phone directly with outlook/ical using a DM or pocketmac.

that is exactly how you keep everything sync'd wirelessly and using only one calendar.... outlook is associated with my work email, which is also my default calendar on my bb so that they always look for the same calendar even when making changes from my ical or direct from google (which i never use, its only there to take place as a "server" or main source of data as I have described).

I hope this stuff helps you guys. Just let me know if you need me to walk you through some steps or clarify.
    02-01-09 03:01 PM
    I think deleting the unused calendar entry from your service books is the easiest. I have done this and no problems what so ever.
    02-01-09 03:06 PM
    All the entries for my *contacts* birthdays are showing up in duplicate a day early. Now I have never synced my calendars with anything and the only entry made for these birthdays is in the 'contact information'.

Anyone else have this happen or know of any way to stop it?
    02-01-09 05:22 PM
    Grey - Did you, by chance, get your double calendar entry problem resolved? I'm using DM 4.7 - Outlook 2007 - Storm 9530 - and only one calendar....the Outlook one. Of course, I always see two calendars....the default and the outlook. Clicking the option to just see one calendar does the trick...but, as you've mentioned, this is a pain in the keeshter! Any insight you can share on a permanent resolution would be appreciated.

Thanks
    05-15-09 04:32 PM
    Yes I did get it fixed. I think it's related to having more than one email address/account. I fixed it as outlined by someone earlier in this thread. Go to Options / Advanced Options / Service Book. You should find two items that begin with email addresses and end with [CICAL]... Delete the one(s) that are not your primary/default calendar and you should be good to go.

Grey
    05-15-09 08:05 PM
    What if you don't want to use googlesync, just your outlook calendar. I tried krisericson's way but now the only calendars left are Facebook and my blackberry email (neither or which i receive in outlook). Plus I can't get back the email calendars (CICAL ) I deleted (but the data is still in Outlook, thank goodness). Nothing in syncing thru the desktop app correctly!

How do I get my outlook calendar to sync with my blackberry without this email address+calendar mess? If I have to associate a calendar with an email address, how do I get it to be the same email i use in outlook?

BB Curve 8900
    05-16-09 02:48 AM
    @ krisericson; thanks, "crude" but effective :}
    05-18-09 11:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD