Just a quickie

When I had my 9500 unlocked I deleted the vodafone live and other vodafone icons

As I'm about to sell it, are they gone for good or is there a master reset to return it as it came to me and I don't mean wipe

ta
    02-27-09 05:34 PM
    If you deleted them, then they're gone from the device forever unless you do a complete reinstall of the OS. If you just hid them, then you can unhide them using the menu option from the home screen.
    02-27-09 06:23 PM
    Okay many thanks
    02-27-09 06:30 PM
    probably be easiest if you are going to sell it to just back up all the info for you..then wipe and reinstall the original os
    02-27-09 07:53 PM
    Sorry to sound stupid but how do you restore the O/S
    02-27-09 09:41 PM
    Sorry to sound stupid but how do you restore the O/S
    It's done the same way you do an upgrade or downgrade. Use the app loader to select the last official os and then click next twice, it may give you a warning about using the latest version but just ignore it. Also make sure that you have the backup and restore option disabled for the upgrade. That way your personal data won't be transferred to the device with the installation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-09 10:24 PM
    Just wipe it. You have to do that anyway if you sell it.
    02-27-09 10:52 PM
    aahh there in lies the problem

I bought it brand new, got it unlocked then two days later I came over to the states only to find that the area provider were I am does not use sims so apart from getting it unlocked in the U.K. and testing it it's sat in the box doing nothing for 3 weeks

So I am in the states no sim and don't want to register anything in case it causes any issues.

I suppose what your saying even if it is a roaming sim from another provider I will need to activate that to get it going to upload the o/s? or just sell it as it is?
    02-27-09 11:25 PM
    aahh there in lies the problem

I bought it brand new, got it unlocked then two days later I came over to the states only to find that the area provider were I am does not use sims so apart from getting it unlocked in the U.K. and testing it it's sat in the box doing nothing for 3 weeks

So I am in the states no sim and don't want to register anything in case it causes any issues.

I suppose what your saying even if it is a roaming sim from another provider I will need to activate that to get it going to upload the o/s? or just sell it as it is?
    You don't have to register in order to install an OS. Since you are using the 9500 you want to download and install .78 from the following link (https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...05D7C424EBAE5F).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-09 11:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD