How do i use my Mac to do the updates? ...
    02-24-09 08:34 PM
    Sadly it is not possible unless you use a program like bootcamp to run a version of Windows.. I also am on a Mac and would do a lot for a Mac version of the DM but I just don't think it will happen.

The short answer... You can't.
    02-24-09 08:36 PM
    Without installing Parallels or dual booting Windows, there is no way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 08:36 PM
    Beat me by a hair, Josh.

02-24-09 08:37 PM
    Without installing Parallels or dual booting Windows, there is no way.

Sure there is.. one more way.. VM Fuzion... Blows Parallels out of the water....
    And it's easier to update your OS too...
    02-24-09 08:40 PM
    I almost didn't want to give the bad news though.. I can honestly say this is the first roadblock I have hit in my 3 years of being exclusively Mac.. I need to just get myself a copy of XP and be done with it, although $100+ just to sync my BB might be a little much.
    02-24-09 08:41 PM
    I was thinking of bootcamping, does it take up a lot of memory ?

02-24-09 08:44 PM
    ouch, that's a pretty big bummer. thanks for the prompt responses. I guess i'll just have to wait for an official OTA release, if that ever happens...

Only problem with storm is the clunky sound the screen makes sometimes, otherwise, it's great.
    02-24-09 08:48 PM
    I use Bootcamp, with a copy of Win Vista...have been upgrading my Storm using DM 4.7 since November...no problems..! Works very well. Upgraded my Storm to .109 just yesterday. It's all good!

Bootcamp made it so easy...repartitioned my drive, etc. Yes, having to buy yourself a copy of WIN XP or Vista isn't cheap...but it will solve all your future problems when you need to upgrade your BB or find yourself needing to run WIN-only programs. I work as a trouble-shooting Networking Engineer, and can work in either Mac or Windows environments...very easy to switch--I totally recommend you make the jump. Waiting for an OTA upgrade would be too frustrating for me!
    02-24-09 09:25 PM
    i prolly sound like an noob...but..cant you use pocketmac or try and update it wirelessly?
    02-24-09 09:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD