When I set up my e-mail account, it didn't work at first. When I tried again, it did. Now, I have two mailboxes - "Messages" and one named like my e-mail address which are right next to each other and which each receive the same e-mail messages. How can I delete one of these mailboxes?
    11-25-08 06:10 PM
    I thought I remembered seeing a post about this where you needed to go into options and erase one of them through the service book or something.

Anyone?
    11-25-08 06:15 PM
    When I set up my e-mail account, it didn't work at first. When I tried again, it did. Now, I have two mailboxes - "Messages" and one named like my e-mail address which are right next to each other and which each receive the same e-mail messages. How can I delete one of these mailboxes?

Both of those actually SHOULD be there. Messages is the folder that shows ALL the messages from ALL your mailboxes including SMS & MMS. The mailbox with your email address on it is JUST those messages from THAT particular email box. You cannot delete messages nor SHOULD you. It serves a great purpose that you will get used to as you become a more seasoned BB user.
    11-25-08 06:16 PM
    ^^^ what he said the messages folder is basically a collaboration of the whole device in one view for the most part.. it will include instant messengers even...

once you get used to it you will love it
    11-25-08 06:21 PM
    I had the same problem and someone helped me earlier
    Options > Advanced Options > Service Books > Delete the service book for the mailbox you want gone.

EDIT: Yea, nevermind I misread your post. Only way to get rid of this is to change the message view to Combined. Then all of your TXT, SMS, Mail, etc will show up in one folder.
    11-25-08 06:24 PM
    if you don't like it though you could hide the messages icon. you will be stuck with an unread message icon on the top of your screen though if you get a registration message unless you unhide the icon and mark the message as read.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-08 06:26 PM
    Thanks for educating me. I didn't know it was supposed to be there. One day I will understand how to use this device.
    11-25-08 06:50 PM
    Thanks for educating me. I didn't know it was supposed to be there. One day I will understand how to use this device.
    No problem that's what we crackberry lovers are here for.
    11-25-08 06:54 PM
    I just put my 2 email icons on "hide" and use the main messages box.
    11-25-08 08:16 PM
    Here is how you can delete it. Click on Options > Advanced Options > the scroll down to Service Book. Once there, you can now click on the email CMIMEand CICAL that you no longer want. It took me a while to figure this one out after hours of frustration.

Update: Sorry, I didn't realize it was answered a few posts up.

Hope this helps
    shedrock
    11-25-08 08:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD