I have a (kind of) defective storm. When I say kind of, I mean it is still pretty functional. But, the screen is pretty beat, some spots on the screen barely click, there is a lot of dust under the screen, battery life sucks, and the end key is falling off. My friend was interested in buying a storm, is their anyway to keep my previous storm and the new storm? I have the $5 per month insurance.
    05-31-09 10:33 AM
    If you did a insurance replacement you will have to return the old phone or you will be charged for it.
    05-31-09 10:35 AM
    I have a (kind of) defective storm. When I say kind of, I mean it is still pretty functional. But, the screen is pretty beat, some spots on the screen barely click, there is a lot of dust under the screen, battery life sucks, and the end key is falling off. My friend was interested in buying a storm, is their anyway to keep my previous storm and the new storm? I have the $5 per month insurance.
    No... you will have to send the old one back. And if you report that the phone was lost or stolen, that is insurance fraud, and it will also blacklist the phone so it can't be used by anyone else.
    05-31-09 10:35 AM
    Frist of all. If you go on EBAY or something of that nature your friend could by a Storm, at a much cheeper price if this is the issue. With all the issues, they are pretty dirt cheep. Secondly, if you don't send it back they will add the full retail price to your account.
    05-31-09 10:41 AM
    Ok thanks. Say I get the replacement Storm with insurance right before the Tour drops, and my upgrade is available. Could I keep the replaced Storm and upgrade to the Tour while keeping both phones? And would I be able to switch numbers etc.?
    05-31-09 10:44 AM
    Ok thanks. Say I get the replacement Storm with insurance right before the Tour drops, and my upgrade is available. Could I keep the replaced Storm and upgrade to the Tour while keeping both phones? And would I be able to switch numbers etc.?
    if you pay the $50 for the replacement phone, send the old phone back, and then wish to upgrade to the tour when it comes out and pay for said upgrade, then yes, you can keep the replacement storm as yours. anytime you upgrade your phone through verizon you keep your old phone, there is no trade-in on old phones. This would leave you with one storm, and one tour.
    05-31-09 10:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD