I have seen many people asking about this (including myself) and lots of crazy different methods that include downloading programs or some other annoying unnecessary means. This quick way of adding every album art to your storm was done on windows vista, other OS may vary slightly, you guys are smart enough to figure it out.

Step 1: Make sure you have your album art added on windows media player.

Step 2: Delete all the music files from your storm music folder.

Step 3:Locate your music folder windows media player uses. Click on Organize> Folder and search options> View Tab> Select "Show hidden files and folders" AND uncheck "Hide protected operating system files"

Step 4: You should now see many album art files in your music folder that were not there before. Select EVERYTHING your music folder, copy and paste it directly into your storms music folder.

All done, enjoy. This transfers every single album cover onto the storm.
    06-04-09 11:38 PM
    What if I sync with iTunes?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-09 12:09 AM
    Itunes is rough.

I think there are scripts and stuff but the manual way is this:

Assuming your album art show in iTunes but not on your storm do this in Itunes.

Click on a song to play it so that the album art shows in the Now Playing Box in the lower left.

Right Click on that Now Playing artwork and copy it.

Now select all the songs from that album in iTunes and right click on them and select Get Info.

Paste the artwork in to the artwork box on the lower right.

Say Yes when it asks if you want to modify all files, you will see a progress bar as it quickly updates the files.

You have now embedded the artwork in the actual song files (normally itunes does another method to keep the file size down).

If you now add these files to your SD card in Mass storage directly from your the location of your iTunes library the files will display the art on your Storm.

(this is from memory, if my steps are messed up let me know and I will edit the post later...)
    Last edited by blaisedinsd; 06-05-09 at 12:41 AM.
    06-05-09 12:38 AM
    Thanks a bunch for this write-up! I've been wondering if this was possible to do. Rad taste in music too btw. Looks exactly like MY Media Player Library. lol
    06-05-09 01:16 AM
    The apple script that I used on my mac to help out with embedding the artwork: google doug's applescripts for iTunes.
    06-05-09 01:39 AM
    06-05-09 01:40 AM
    Thanks for that Script, Doug. I used to just do the ol'

Google search the album.

select album in itunes

Copy image in google to the "Selected items" box in itunes.

Rinse and repeat for every mismatched album.
    06-05-09 06:11 AM
    good post!.....Gracias amigo
    06-05-09 06:17 AM
    Good post both blaised and purplepack. Yes itunes sucks, even though it may show you the album art in itunes, for it to show up on the Storm (or other media devices besides the Ipod) the art must be TAGGED to the song. blaised's way will work, also Mediamonkey software (free) may be able to auto-tag a lot of the artwork for you. Either way it's gonna take some time. Wish I knew this when I was creating my music library back in the day.
    06-05-09 06:53 AM
    Dude, if you rip with album art and song tags from within WMP, then all you have to do is just copy the directories for each album over to the Storm. All the art files will be in there already and you don't need to do any of this Show Hidden Files BS.

BTW, this should be in the HELP/FAQ subforum.
    06-05-09 07:03 AM
    So all of this may be a moot point. I just plugged my phone in to synchronize my music with iTunes and Media Sync had an update. After I updated, it had an option to import iTunes Album Art. It missed a few but the majority of my album art is now showing on my phone.
    06-05-09 11:11 AM
    Good post both blaised and purplepack. Yes itunes sucks, even though it may show you the album art in itunes, for it to show up on the Storm (or other media devices besides the Ipod) the art must be TAGGED to the song. blaised's way will work, also Mediamonkey software (free) may be able to auto-tag a lot of the artwork for you. Either way it's gonna take some time. Wish I knew this when I was creating my music library back in the day.
    yea everything else ive tried just seemed like a royal pain the arse especially when people gave me methods where i had to edit like each song individually. i love my phone
    06-05-09 09:33 PM
    mp3 tag

embeds the artwork to the each file. You have to get the album art work manually but its totally worth it. Then all you do is sync with media sync or copy and paste
    06-06-09 01:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD